Probem with AP

Cooli1

I'm trying to setup access point, but when I connect to it it has no internet connection.

I'm using 192.168.1.1 on my main router and 192.168.1.150 on my access point, SSIDs are both different and theyre on the same channel (13).

Using a draytek as main and netgear as AP.

After fiddling with the cables and then putting them back I have a connection but its extremely slow.

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=255

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 3ms, Average = 2ms

Yes, also when testing with a cable from the second router to my laptop my connection is good, but I'm trying to make it work via wifi.

If I'm connected to the AP with cable/and my working wifi the page says I have no internet connection to check for firmware updates.

When plugged LAN-LAN (aka the Wan slot is empty) there is no gateway - - it functions as a switch

When plugged LAN-LAN (aka the Wan slot is empty) there is no gateway - - it functions as a switch

This is partially true across the bridge. For router 2 to be able to reach the internet though to search for firmware it must have a route. Therefor if you want the second device to be able to search for firmware the gateway and DNS should be the IP of router 1. I have attached a diagram of how to do this. LAN - LAN

Attachments

• ProblemWithAP.jpg
    ProblemWithAP.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 0
I have both IPs set to 192.168.1.1 now, and when connecting to the network the connection is extremely slow (1-2mbs) and when connecting with cable from the AP the speed is fast.

I have both IPs set to 192.168.1.1 now, and when connecting to the network the connection is extremely slow (1-2mbs) and when connecting with cable from the AP the speed is fast.
Now that you mentioned that you're reaching the internet you should start configuring wifi settings try to fiddle with frequency bands/ 20/40mhz ect channel 1'6'11 and if possible use 5ghz band for best throghput you mentioned that both routers are on ch13 these are probably overlapping try to change channels.Using apps like wifi analyzer may help you assign these properly

When I reinstalled the AP I selected to use the best channel available, should I change this to some other? 13 is used by my main router.

I wouldn't trust auto channel selection tbh use wifi analyzer and select the least congested channel else just trial and error using either 1,6,11 channels or 1,5,9,13

There can ONLY BE ONE 192.168.1.1 on the network - - fundamental TCP!

Back