Problem playing DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Toddy

I am having a little problem playing DVD's. I just upgraded to a Sound Blaster Audigy 2, and whenever I try to use PowerDVD to play a movie, when it starts to play the movie, it says DVD Error: The TV Out port of your display card is not working properly. My video card is a GeForce 3 Ti200, and I'm using Windows XP. Anybody got any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Updating your graphics card drivers or possibly installing the new PowerDVD patch would likely fix it. I assume you've got power dvd xp right?

Yes, I have updated the graphics card drivers AND updated the patches, no effect. I tried doing a clean install of windows last night and it didn't work.

Ok, I have determined that my problem is an IRQ problem, but Windows isn't letting me change the IRQ settings. I made a post in the Windows OS forum, so any reponses to this post please make to the topic I have made in that forum.

regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\DISPLAY1

delete TVO and TV

oh yeah, don't do this if you want to use the TVO function.

*edited*

Well, I figured out that it was copy protection. The more recent Nvidia driver releases have like higher copy protection on reading DVD's or something like that. So, instead of downgrading my drivers, I installed a multi-region hack that disables copy protection. Everything works now and I didn't have to buy a new motherboard. :)

where did u get this software

Hey I am having the same problem and everyone else is too dumb to understand but you knew what i was talking about. where did u get the software or what is it called

if you could please tell em id appriciate it

thanks
tenor002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back