Problem repairing Windows XP install

Status
Not open for further replies.
There a way you can find on the web to add files to an install disk I had this problem once, and got it solved, unfortunately it took 45 minutes for me to edit many many files to get it to work, because I was such a noob, let me see what I can find.

i kinda have a problems like this but... just go ahead wipe your drive with dban, then run xp again and you should be fine on a nother note i cant get usb 2.0 drives to work it says their a low speed something.... and i sp2... so im not sure why this is happs. is there anyway to get these stupid usb drive to work like they should usb 2.0

Don't know if this is the same reason but your problem sounds identical to the situation you'd find if you tried to access the System Volume Information on your current drive partition (normally it is set to keep you out and you see file size 0)

1. Select the folder and right click for Properties
  2. Select Security tab
  3. Check if your userid is defined and if permissions are assigned giving the id access to the folder

0mega9401 said:
i kinda have a problems like this but... just go ahead wipe your drive with dban, then run xp again and you should be fine on a nother note i cant get usb 2.0 drives to work it says their a low speed something.... and i sp2... so im not sure why this is happs. is there anyway to get these stupid usb drive to work like they should usb 2.0

Hey Omega!

Are you sure you are using a USB 2.0 cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back