Problem with 6800 GT please help me ><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roguewolf

I just got a 6800GT from New Egg and it was workin fine for 2 weeks or so. then all of a sudden the PC shut down yesterday, and it wouldn't Reboot. I thaugh the power supply was the problem, so i got a brand new Antec TrueControl Power 550w Power supply. After installin the new Powersupply, the computer booted properly, but i saw a glitch or a lil flickering pixel for a few seconds. Once at the desktop i see green Yellow and red lights that flicker randomly. I don't know what it is. i already went thru 5 Drivers. i tried downgrading. Only time it doesn't flicker is when i have no Drivers installed.
Anyone know what's happenin? Please help me out.

My specs are:

INTELD865PERL motherboard
Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
2Gig RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
Antec True Control 550w Power Supply

do you possbily have another known good video card that you can try in the system to rule out the video as the culprit or to prove for sure that it is the culprit here. i would try that and also make sure that you don't have any high powered or even low powered speakers next to you monitor that have magnets in them cause that can cause the discoloration in the monitor as well..let us know

I just tried my old grafic card a fx5600 256 mb and i dont see the lil pixelated points.... i really hope it's not the graphic card ><. I have no speakers next to my pc i use headphones anyways.

well good then about the speakers.. so we know the system board and the memory is not the problem here.. one thing have you tried booting into the bios and seeing if you see the problem in there if so then yes the card is bad.. another thing have tried to update the bios to the system board and if you haven't or you are on the newest one already i would do it.. in case the system is having a compatiblity issue with the new card...let me know what bios version you are running and i can check to see if there is any know issues with that system board that you should be aware of

I did try rebooting and chaing the PCI bus or sumthin where i had to change the AGP to the speed of the graphic card and that only made it worst. The current BIOS is - BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/02/04 13:33:00 Ver: 08.00.10 -
I'm really not familiar with BIOS so i dont think i have it updated. Thanks again for the super quick reply.

no problem man that is what we are here for... so we know that the system bios is old than some of the newer components installed on it... you also never said what make the card is agp or pci-e..more than likely apg... so do you still have the drivers cd that came with the system board?? if you do then check to see if it came with and auto update program for the bios.. all of the new asus boards do its called asus flash updater..anyway..if it doesn't have that featue them i will help you through making a good rom disk to boot to and flash the bios

Ok, the graphic card is a AGP. I do have the Mother board cd, and i found the Asus Update program. but when i try to install it says unable to detect Asus Bios and aborts install, i tried to extract from the cd but still the same thing.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...&strOSs=38&OSFullName=OS Independent&lang=eng

this is the link that you need to be able to update the bios..it is self extracting rar or zip folder that will download the bios file to a location specified by you ( normally the desktop ) make sure after the download you extract to the desktop.. then all you have to do i double click the flah and it will do it all itself for you..ok make sure there is no power surge or loss of power for this is a critical error and cannot happen during the flash process ok..let me know when you have the file downloaded..we can go from there

ok i downloaded the bio, and installed it. It shut down and then started playin these notes like 6 or 7 times and then it rebooted and said i have successfully updated. Now the bio reads
- BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/13/05 22:02:08 Ver: 08.00.10 -

FYI: i'm still runnin the pc on my old FX5600 256 mb Grafic card. just so u know.

k that is fine go ahead and take out the old graphics card and uninstall the drivers for that card and reinstall the new card and drivers.. make sure to uninstall the old drivers from safe mode..usually F8 at post..when you first turn the system on..

I just reinstalled the drivers, and the graphic card. it still does the does the same glitches, and it goes black for like 2 seconds as if it was refreshing the screen...

i would call the manufcturer and let them know what the issue is and let them know the troubleshooting steps that we have taken today and that the card is more than likely the cause.good luck mate..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back