Problem With Abit IS7-V2 Motherboard!!!HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Help Me! I'm having a bit of trouble with my Abit IS7-V2 Motherboard. I just upgraded my system and bought and installed this Abit Mobo. I connected all the cards, switches, and etc. When I turned on the system my screen was blank! Now I checked the monitor plug and it was ok, and I re-inserted the video card but it still was happening. I reconnected everything in my computer again and it still shows up blank. Lastly I tried clearly the CMOS and that didnt work either. So now I'am desperate for ideas and solutions. Please I would appreciate if someone replied unlike the other forums I posted in.

Grizzly

Did you try the usual suspects, such as memory, small cables from PC-front to mobo, is the CPU in all the way, cooler properly connected, are all your fans working when you power on?
Did you re-install Windows with all the new drivers from the CD that came with the new mobo? (Windows with the old drivers from the previous mobo won't work!)
Did you switch on the PSU? Did you plug it in? etc., etc....

Yes everything is connected and fine. But the thing is I cant get into BIOS, since the first time I turned on my computer with all the installed parts, it just has a blank screen. Thats why I cant install anything. What is the PSU?

Power Supply Unit. The big box where the powercord plugs into. Is there an On/Off switch there? Is the voltage set correctly (115v or 220v as per your house-mains)?

Yes sorry my Power Supply is working and its set to 115v. Yes there is lights but no beeps even though I connected everything correctly. Thanks for replying. Any more ideas?

Grizzly

Well to get a post the mimunal things you need are CPU RAM and video card .. I think you should contact abit tech support this might be a faulty board.

I have pictures of my computer but I dont think it will help. I also took a picture on what my screen looks like. Please try not to quit on me as the PC repair people told me just to fix my problem would be $75 and thats a rip off! They are charging me complete build up even though I already installed everything in my computer, crooks! Whoever wants the pictures tell me I'll email them to you. The pictures arent that clear though.

Grizzly
ratpack_fds@excite.com

Also since I never heard beeps in newly installed computer I rearranged the system speaker cables and now all I hear when I turn the computer is a long beep and then stops and then does it again continously. Is this some sort of code that something's wrong?

Grizzly

You should rather go to that Tomshardware site and, item by item, CHECK that you did everything right. It is obvious you made a mistake somewhere, but there are too many possibilities, for us to list them all.
Reading up takes you less time than trying this, that, something else, etc.

Yes I read it and I did do it correctly,following each instruction it gave me. The last thing I know I can do is that the CPU bus might be wrong but there is no jumper in my motherboard to set my 3GHZ Pentium 4 processor to 800Mhz. But it says to change it that it should be in the BIOS. So as you know I cant access BIOS, so Thursday or Friday Im taking my computer to TigerDirect.com Corporate Store here in Miami and see if they can fix it. Thanks. Grizzly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back