Problem with C2D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,I have c2d e6700,mainboard MSI 945gm3 ms-7267 ver.3
and my processor work only with half bus speed and half rated fsb,so now I have 1,33 proc and it suppost to be 2,66.
Anyone can help me with this problem?

I put screen from cpu-z program

Attachments

• capture2.jpg
    capture2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 5
restart your computer, go into bios. I'm sure you're going to have to increase the front side bus through there. Everyone else will tell you the same.

actually, there are 2 or 3 options in the BIOS that allows the mother board to slow down the processor if it is not working. do something that stresses the processor and see if it does speed up.

Hello,thx for this answers but i dont talk about changing multiplier and core voltage by windows and other speed technology,i have problem with BUS SPEED AND RATED FSB,there is no chance to change this by windows or any other technology,windows can change only multiplier and core voltage to save some energy,but not bus speed or rated fsb.

So please help me if you heard about this problem before,what to do?

I was not talking about Windows doing it, In the BIOS there is an option called speed step. if it is enabled the BIOS will slow down the processor when it is not at work.

I was not talking about Windows doing it, In the BIOS there is an option called speed step. if it is enabled the BIOS will slow down the processor when it is not at work.

When you start your computer there is a button for setup bios, usually says what button to push at the bottom of the screen. You can change your fsb there.

FYI, FSB and bus speed are the same thing.

As for your problem, update your BIOS to the latest version available. If that doesn't fix anything, then you'll have to manually change the FSB as said above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back