Problem with computer powering off constantly

DEEPAK SHARMA

Hello Dear Friends,

My PC (Desktop Computer Windows XP Installed) is having some problems, I am not able to understand what it is. When I want to Power On this computer some times it is matured at the level of Window/Desktop, but it is automatically powered off at any time and a NUMLOCK Indicator shows on the Keyboard and if I want to Restart it the Power on Button does not work until I did not cut off the power supply for 30 Seconds to 1 Minute. Some time it can not be able to load the window and powered down in between the Boot Process and even I can not Reinstall the Windows due to this episode.
PLEASE HELP TO CLEAR THIS PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!

I've moved your thread to a more suitable sub-forum given your problem. I've also retitled it as well.

From what you've said, it sounds like the issue is actually your power supply. How old is the computer, and what are the spec's of it?

Please also note that typing in capitals is considered shouting -- I realise you don't mean this, but just pointing it out. :)

I've moved your thread to a more suitable sub-forum given your problem. I've also retitled it as well.

From what you've said, it sounds like the issue is actually your power supply. How old is the computer, and what are the spec's of it?

Please also note that typing in capitals is considered shouting -- I realise you don't mean this, but just pointing it out. :)
Thanks Leeky
I did not want to shout and I also not aware with this mean !!!!

Thanks Leeky
I did not want to shout and I also not aware with this mean !!!!
My computer is more than 3 years old and spec is
160 GB HDD, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Gigabyte 945 Motherboard, 1.5 GB DDR2 Ram, Recently I had changed its SMPS before 4 moths ago and Reinstall its window before 2 weeks due to the same reason after refreshing the window it works smoothly for 10 days only and the same episode was continue once again. But this time I am not able to Reinstall the Windows XP Professional Service Pack - 2 again because it dropped down in between the process. please help me to resolve the issue.
Deepak Sharma

**Phone number removed by Leeky**

Does it ever show a blue screen when it cuts out, or does it just turn itself off without warning and remains off?

The first would indicate a hardware or software problem, the second would suggest your power supply is failing.

I have no idea what you mean by you changed its SMPS? Could you explain please.

Oh, and posting your telephone number or email address on a publicly viewable site viewed by millions per month isn't a good idea. lol.

Does it ever show a blue screen when it cuts out, or does it just turn itself off without warning and remains off?

The first would indicate a hardware or software problem, the second would suggest your power supply is failing.

I have no idea what you mean by you changed its SMPS? Could you explain please.

Oh, and posting your telephone number or email address on a publicly viewable site viewed by millions per month isn't a good idea. lol.
Thanks for your Reply Dear,
It does not show blue screen when it cuts out and it is just turned off without any warning and remains off after trying to restart with its power on Button or restart button until when I did not cut off the power supply from the Power Extension Board for 30 seconds to 1 Minute as mentioned above post.
SMPS - I have to change its SMPS due to Power failure before some time ago.
and Sorry for the Mobile no. I am New in this line.... please help. Thanks

Back