Problem with crashing in a game at certain points

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem

I just put together my computer the other day, installed everything today, and after all of that, I wanted to play some Battlefield 2, the only problem is, it won't let me. I open up the game, it joins a server, goes through the loading process, I then finally click the join game button, it does join the game, and shows everything for 5 seconds, and it then it freezes, at the same spot every time, right when I join the game. Then sometimes my monitor turns off too, but my computer is still running, and I have to hold down the power button to restart it. Why is it doing this? Any help will be great.

And if it helps, I have a Sapphire Radeon x1600, AMD Athlon 64 bit 3200+, 1 gig of Kingston Value Ram, ASUS A8NE

First thing to do is make sure all your drivers are up to date. Not just the graphics card but all the mobo ones too.

Running dxdiag may help too. To do this, click on the "run" on your start menu, then type "dxdiag" then hit enter. Run through the graphics tests then perhaps the sound ones too to look for any problems.

Hope that helps, if not, i will do my best to help further. Rik.

I ran all of the tests, and everything was fine. I tried some more games to see if it was more than just BF2, and it was, it did it in Call of Duty 2, and even Quake 3.

Well, I put it in a new case not too long ago, and had a tempature sensor on the video card, and while starting battlefield 2, it ran at a steady 95ºF. So I can rule out that it isn't an overheating problem. Any other ideas? I updated all of my drivers, even got a new case, so I don't know what it is. Could it be my 430 watt Thermaltake PSU?

Ok, I did my research, and found out on Sapphire's forums under troubleshooting that this is a huge problem for anyone with an ASUS motherboard and an Nvidia chipset. This is just lame puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back