problem with graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I just bought the radeon X700 and i followed all the instructions and installed the software with the drivers, programs, etc... But now, when i check my "device manager", it says...

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

I don't know what "devices" it is talking about. There are only 2 things in the "display adapter" catagory in my device manager, Radeon X700 and Radeon X700 secondary. The "secondary" is working, but not the "primary".

And every time i try to run something that came on the software, it says...
"This program will only run if an ATI display driver is loaded, an ATI display driver is not currently detected on ure system."

I dont know why this is happening, Can someone please tell me how to get this working!!!

What are your system specs. Make, model, operating system, how much memory, how big is your hard drive? Do you have NET Framewok installed? Are all your Microsoft Updates current? Go to the AMD/ATI website and download the latest driver for your card. Drivers on CD's can be months or even a year old

I'd try getting Driver Cleaner and deleting anything related to ATI or the old card you had before. Reinstall the latest drivers from ATI's site like Tmagic says and if that doesn't work I would test the card on a fresh install of windows if you have a spare partition or disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back