Problem with NForce5M-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all ...

Maybe someone could give me any solution, or perhaps have a same problem with me. I Just bought a new pc with specs :
  1. Mobo ECS Nforce5m-A (NForce 500)
  2. AMD AM2 X2 4000+
  3. RAM 1024 Mb (512 PC 5300 w/ dual channel mode on)
  4. Disk drive Seagate SATA 80 Gb
  5. Digital Alliance GeForce 7300GT, 256 Mb
  6. PSU 430 watt
The Problem is, sometimes ... just sometimes, when starting up or restarting there's occured a problem with the display. It's like some wierd char appear in my monitor or like some of character is mising. But If i restarted the pc 2 or 3 times, it back to normal again and run smoothly. I already try to discuss it with the vendor, but because the case is happening only sometimes and not happened all the times, so i can't manage anything.

I already switch the motherboard and the display card 2 times, but the problems is sometimes appear. So i was wondering, if there is some kind of hardware compability issue between Digital alliance and ECS? Or i pick the wrong type of motherboard?

I'm trying to update the motherboard BIOS at the moment, see if it's help. But perhaps anybody have the same case like i did?

Thanx in advance.

You need to try the reliable brand this time.

Such as Asus, Power Color, Evga, XFX, PNY, Nvidia or ATI.

In meanwhile, you can try to borrow someone's card to test it out?

thanx for advice

thanx bro .... but here's the thing, it's not like i don't want to buy peripherals with those brands. But i don't have enough budget to buy those branded hardware, so i use tricks with buying much cheaper branded but with using a good chipset's board. Such as ECS with NForce 5 chipsets.

Anyway, i think i already found the problems. The problems is i need to use an add on pci LAN card. I Don't know why, but when i use the Nforce LAN controller, the connection is not going smoothly, and sometimes my LAN got disconnected and sometimes i got a BSOD. Then i try to put on a PCI LAN Card, its DLink with Realtek chipset. And everything goes smoothly. Well then i guess the problems lies with the NForce LAN controller. I Already try to updates the board BIOS, updates the driver, but still the BSOD sometimes occur, it's like that my PC have a crash somewhere.

So, just to shared my experience with NForce board, if anyone read this post, and currently have a problem with boards with Nforce Chipset, try to put on an extra peripheral, such as an add on LAN Card in my cases.

And anyway, thank you for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back