Problem with old game, possibly issue with backwards compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve been trying to install a really, really, really old game, from the nineties I think, and all I get is an Nvidia setup with a bunch of drivers to install. I`ve tried installing them, but whenever I run the cd the setup pops up, like I`ve never installed them in the first place.

I have a Geforce 6150 onboard. Seeing as the game is really really old, could this somehow be an issue with backwards compatibility?

I`ve tried reseting the computer.

This is such a weird problem, I`ve never had it before.

HELP!

Older games

Hi there,

I've had nothing but problems with 'interstate 82' ... trying to multiplay on the 'net. Now that's 1999, and doesn't seem to get along with my machine. My best suggestion to you would be to get an old 486 or early pentium and play the games in their 'native' platforms.

Of course if you just want to play one particular game this may not be feasable, but otherwise I'd consider it. You'll pick up a 486 with 4x CD-Rom for practically nothing. In my experience too much power does lead to unexpected results with these older games.

If I remember rightly some of these games have the facility to force the machine to run 'slow', but as I say, you're better off with the old hardware imho.

Regards,

Anthony.

bretonlia said:
I`ve been trying to install a really, really, really old game, from the nineties I think, and all I get is an Nvidia setup with a bunch of drivers to install. I`ve tried installing them, but whenever I run the cd the setup pops up, like I`ve never installed them in the first place.

I have a Geforce 6150 onboard. Seeing as the game is really really old, could this somehow be an issue with backwards compatibility?

I`ve tried reseting the computer.

This is such a weird problem, I`ve never had it before.

HELP!

Hi which game are you trying to play and is it windows or dos based, if the game is doss based the very best way to run them is with a program called DosBox you can get it at dosbox.com i love the old dos based games and use it all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back