Problem with popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachjen

Stuff kept popping up on computer and was getting slowed down. found this site and I'm kind of a noob so followed instructions under "Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions." wanted to make sure everything is kosher now. Thank you for any help. the info in the thread was very helpful. I attatched all logs requested. Again thanks

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    16.9 KB · Views: 5
there are quite a few fixes needed in your log, and i am sure that howard will be working on it at this moment. i would like to suggest that you look at how many processes are running. if you reduce the running processes it will speed up your pc.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download Vundofix from HERE.

Double click the Vundofix.exe to run it.

Right click in the vundofix window and click add files.

Enter the full file path/s to the files you want Vundofix to delete and click the add files button, followed by the close window button. Click the remove vundo button and let Vundofix do it`s stuff.

This is the filepath you need to enter into Vundofix.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winmxw32.dll

Now, do the following.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

NZSearch
NetZero
Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Viewpoint Manager Service

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ViewpointService.exe
EpsonReg.EXE
nzspc.exe
ALCMTR.EXE
ViewMgr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = local.,

R3 - URLSearchHook: URLSearchHook Class - {37D2CDBF-2AF4-44AA-8113-BD0D2DA3C2B8} - C:\Program Files\NZSearch\SearchEnh1.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {010FF400-8DFB-439D-987B-DCDE5195F4D8} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgggeff.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BC90223F-0AB8-457E-A6BA-E076F46486AE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddcya.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: ZeroBar - {F0F8ECBE-D460-4B34-B007-56A92E8F84A7} - C:\Program Files\NetZero\Toolbar.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spc_w] "C:\Program Files\NZSearch\nzspc.exe" -w

O4 - Startup: Epson all-in-one Registration.lnk = E:\EREG\EpsonReg.EXE

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {00000005-0000-0000-0000-100005000004} - http://code.trasferimento.biz/l/fd29e1f3cc12c431cf2e01a9205cb38e_35.exe

O16 - DPF: {1D9730A4-996C-4D73-B9F4-149A7068B343} - http://www.audiofeast.com/install/setup.cab

O16 - DPF: {352797A0-EFD0-4FA6-B229-145120EA4B8A} (Walt Disney Internet Group Hardware Control) - https://disneyblast.go.com/v3/setup/activex/DIGHardwareControl.cab

O16 - DPF: {416792D8-F532-493A-BECC-1C99A1501FF9} (vmLaunch Class) - http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/onleng/downloads/VideoMail/vmLaunc her2.cab

O16 - DPF: {7FE26BE2-B923-4B41-9834-E84DA1CC1F96} (Maid Control) - http://vsp.closetmaid.com/vsp/cmaidctl_vsp.closetmaid.com_downloader.cab

O16 - DPF: {8A0019EB-51FA-4AE5-A40B-C0496BBFC739} (Verizon Wireless Media Upload) - http://www.vzwpix.com/activex/VerizonWirelessUploadControl.cab

O16 - DPF: {A30FBBDC-FA29-4606-8565-14AADCCA6708} (Rite Aid One Hour Photo Online Control) - https://photos.riteaid.com/control/RiteAidOneHourPhotoOnline.cab

O16 - DPF: {A526A2C7-723E-4081-BF70-A7A9913E8C4A} (LogData Class) - http://ipgweb.cce.hp.com/rdqcpc/downloads/sysinfo.cab

O16 - DPF: {CBD8B1CB-2F5F-415F-93E8-A297B33DCBB2} (CentrinoCheck Control) - http://entriq.vo.llnwd.net/o1/NBCUniversal/cabs/cpucheck_1_0_0_4.cab

O16 - DPF: {CE7D2BF2-D173-4CE2-9DAF-15EA153B5B43} - http://entriq.vo.llnwd.net/o1/NBCUniversal/cabs/Entriq_3_4_0_15_Silent.cab

O16 - DPF: {D54160C3-DB7B-4534-9B65-190EE4A9C7F7} (SproutLauncherCtrl Class) - http://real.gamehouse.com/real/games/SproutLauncher.cab

O16 - DPF: {DE0FB644-C59B-46D1-B650-88BA945BC98F} - http://entriq.vo.llnwd.net/o1/NBCUniversal/cabs/NBCUniversal_1_0_0_3.cab

O16 - DPF: {E7D2588A-7FB5-47DC-8830-832605661009} (Live Collaboration) - http://liveca12.custhelp.com/7530-b327h/rnl/java/RntX.cab

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winmxw32 - winmxw32.dll (file missing)

O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\NZSearch<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\NetZero<Delete the entire folder.
C:\windows\ALCMTR.EXE

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of zachjen only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hit a snag

i boot into safe mode and try to proceed with the following step

"Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

NZSearch
NetZero
Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager

Close control panel."

well i get an error when i double click on add remove programs. it says "Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe"

how do i fix this? is it fixable?

Skip that step for now and continue with the rest of the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of zachjen only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

done with those steps

I have completed all steps except the one i had a prob with. attatched new hijak log. Thank you.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Please post an AVG Antispyware log as per the instructions in this thread HERE.

i messed up

i did everything as instructed for the AVG log except save the log. so i can run it again if needed. Sorry.

That`s ok mate.

Run AVG Antispyware again, if it doesn`t find anything, then don`t bother posting the log.

new AVG log is attached. I ran it in normal mode not safe mode. Is that ok or does it need to run in safe?

That`s fine mate.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Then, turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Then, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and anything nasty that`s in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

I can't open anything in Control Panel. It gives me that error that says "Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe'."

Ok, do the following.

Click start/run and type sfc /scannow into the runbox and press the enter key. Windows will now check for any missing or damaged system files and replace them as necessary. You will need to have your windows cd handy.

ok, but i don't have a cd. I bought my computer new but it didn't come with one. It's an HP Media Center PC m1264n. Is it somewhere on the computer? maybe in the D: drive?

Ok, try this.

Download the attached zip file and save it to wherever you want. Extract it and Place the resulting file in your C:\Windows\system32 folder. reboot your system and see if your control panel works correctly.

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

This was the best help I have ever recieved! Great directions, accurate information, and best of all very quick responses. I can't thank you enough. I had one other thing.

An earlier post by someone else said I had too many processes running and that i could speed my computer up if i quit some of them. I just don't know what the difference is between the ones that I need running and don't need running. Any way to know?

If you post a fresh HJT log, I`ll attempt to tell you which programmes you can stop from running on startup.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CoolSwitch] C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskswitch.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DigiSrv] C:\WINDOWS\Twain_32\DigiCam\DigiSrv.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Profiler] "C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\Profiler.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SaiSmart] "C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\SaiSmart.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep 0 -k

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrnSys Executable] "C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\HP Print Screen\PrnSys.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\Comcast\COMCAS~1\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Orb] "C:\Program Files\Orb Networks\Orb\bin\OrbTray.exe" /background

O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe

O4 - Startup: WKCALREM.LNK = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkCalRem.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe

O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe

O4 - Global Startup: MyTray.lnk = ?

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboiot your system.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything you don`t need or use.

Then, go and read this thread HERE.

Hopefully, by the time you`ve done all that, you`ll notice your system is running a little faster.

Once again thank you very much. Everything is running perfect again. And actually a bit faster now. Thank you, Zach

Problem with Volume control

Ever since i did this whenever I use the Volume control on the keyboard my computer freezes up to the point that all I can do is shut it off by pressing the power button. Is there something I can undo that was done?

Ever since you did what?

In your last post dated 13/02/07, you said that everything was running perfectly. So what`s changed since then?

since i removed the viruses/popups/etc.

I hadn't fiured it out until a while ago and hadn't pursued fixing until now

Ok, try this and see if it helps.

Run HJT and click on the config button, click the backups button and tick the little box next to the following entries.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Profiler] "C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\Profiler.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SaiSmart] "C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\SaiSmart.exe"

Click the restore button, then click yes. Close HJT and reboot your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back