Problem with Power Supply Fan Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zycon

This has been going on for a long time now, 3 months probably. I bought a totally new computer and set it up correctly and everything, started her up and it (the power supply fan) worked great, i could change the speed with the little dial next to it. But a couple weeks later it just suddenly stopped working without ANY signs. I dont THINK it has affected anything but im not sure and would like to fix it just in case. Any ideas?
Here is my Power Supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148028

If the fan quit working on the power supply you can check the fan to see if the problem is just the fan or something else with the power supply if its something else you probably should return it and get another one.

That is a decent power supply. What is the motherboard, or the brand and model of computer. That is where the answer lies.
Trade out the power supply to test, or buy the extremely useful and inexpensive power supply tester... they run $10 to $25 depending on how many functions you need. It will be helpful for many years and many friends... giving you reports and results you cannot get elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back