Problem with recycle bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

nork

First off, i have my win xp pro settings so that ALL files are supposed to be shown, system files etc, all files. I believe there are files in it. When i right click on recycle bin the "empty recycle bin" is not grayed out. But when i click on it i get this message:

Error deleting file or folder
cannot remove folder AA five. The directory is not empty.
Now that is likely a reference to a favorites folder that i have but i never deleted it. Recycle bin wont empty. When opened it appears to be empty but its not. I do have a few usb\firewire external drives hooked up. I dont know if that is info thats needed or not, so im throwing it in just in case it matters.

thank you for reading this.

This might be a problem with the file system. Wouldn't hurt to check disk for errors.

Double click MY COMPUTER then RIGHT-CLICK the C drive, click on PROPERTIES, click the TOOLS tab, Under Error-Checking, click CHECK NOW..., check AUTOMATICALY FIX FILE SYSTEM ERROR. You can also check the SCAN FOR AND ATTEMPT.... but this will take much longer.

After that, delete some files and empty recycle bin again and see if that works.

Good luck.

Thanks gooderguy, for your reply.
I got it fixed. I think the problem was that i had a couple firewire\usb externals cases with h drives in them and i recently reformatted them after moving some data to my ide drive.
I think the system hadnt caught up to me and when it finally caught up to me then all was well. So i didnt get a chance to test your solution.

Again, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back