Problem with Reinstalling my XP

It was doing fine, then it required another disk. I didn't have the other disk. So I used xp pac 2 and that helped for awhile. Now it want Nvidia Bus #2 driver, nvenetfd.inf;nventetfd.in_

So there is no way to download to that computer because it is hung at ready for installation. Is there anyway I could get that driver onto a disk or even a Floppy A? Don't laugh, a spare computer can be handy. I just wanted to wipe out everything and do a complete reenstall, but without that driver it won't move.

You are welcome to write me at [email removed] if you know how this can be done.

Pat

I believe it said Bus #1 not #2, whatever that means. But the driver is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the golden days of XP computers came with discs - typically a Microsoft Windows installation disc and another with extra drivers and software enabling a factory reset. Without these to hand it's going to be hard to sort your OS. Even with what you require it will take forever to update Windows to SP3 plus all subsequent updates. Maybe it's worth considering a new computer? If you have some programs that are not compatible with later Windows versions you could install XP as a virtual OS on the new one. I'm sure it's not what you wanted to hear though.

Back