Problem with scrolling down screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

sappleton

i have just installed a different version of windows xp on my computer (different from the version it came with) and have a problem when looking at websites. everytime I scroll down the screen there is a big delay when moving up or down, it sometimes pauses and takes a few seconds to show the part of the screen im trying to view. there seems to be delay when websites load though.anyone know the problem?

Also, it's not recognising my sound hardware, if anyone knows how to fix this.

+ whe I try and type the @ logo I have to use shift-f2 rather than the normal button

sappleton said:
i have just installed a different version of windows xp on my computer (different from the version it came with) and have a problem when looking at websites. everytime I scroll down the screen there is a big delay when moving up or down, it sometimes pauses and takes a few seconds to show the part of the screen im trying to view. there seems to be delay when websites load though.anyone know the problem?

Also, it's not recognising my sound hardware, if anyone knows how to fix this.

+ whe I try and type the @ logo I have to use shift-f2 rather than the normal button
Just my thoughts,
I had this a while ago. Even though my monitor was a plug and play, I still had to load the monitor drivers. With regards to your sound card, have a look in the device manager for any conflicts. I think the keyboard maybe set to the American version. I think you can change it within the control panel. Hope this helps dude.

Marcus said:
Just my thoughts,
I had this a while ago. Even though my monitor was a plug and play, I still had to load the monitor drivers. With regards to your sound card, have a look in the device manager for any conflicts. I think the keyboard maybe set to the American version. I think you can change it within the control panel. Hope this helps dude.

i downloaded the drivers which has solved the first 2 problems, still not sure how to sort out the keyboard though

Glad the first bit worked. Have you gone in to the control panel and changed the keyboard settings? It may even be in the Regional and Language settings within the control panel.

Marcus said:
Glad the first bit worked. Have you gone in to the control panel and changed the keyboard settings? It may even be in the Regional and Language settings within the control panel.

problem solved

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back