Problems installing Windows.

do you have problems like this

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built my new computer i boght xp pro. x65 OS and I'm haveing problems.
If I need a bootup disk please give me a website with a cd rom bootup disk.:confused:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What problems are you having exactly?

Please give as much info as you can.

You should be able to boot directly from the Windows cd. Make sure your cd-rom is set as the first boot device in your bios. Put the Windows cd in the drive and save and exit bios. You should see a message that says press any key to boot from cd.

For further instructions on how to install Windows, see HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Boot up disk??

The boot up disk i think you are reffering to is a sata floppy in which you need to dect the hdd. and yes you need 1.

well i plug in my floppy and it dosn't turn on & I checked if it was pluged in good. By the way is anyone listening a brand new bought it off of tiger direct.
I'm getting realy :mad: so i need to find a way without a FDD. I'm realy upset I feel like banging my head into the keyboard but I won't.

As joked u 2 said. Are you trying to install windows onto a sata hard drive?

If you are, Take a look HERE for lots of suggestions. Be warned though, it`s not that easy to do from what I`ve read.

If you`re trying to install Windows to an ordinary ide hard drive, you won`t need a floppy drive.

Have you checked to make sure the floppy drive cable is plugged into the mobo the right way round?

Look HERE for instructions on how to install a floppy drive.

Regards Howard :)

ide or sata

ide is easy to tell from from SATA. ide USUALLY has a thin flat grey cable. SATA has a small connecter about an inch long. ide connecters have 40 pins in them and are much larger. you'll find one on your cd drive.

foster626 said:
my hard drives are on sata

In that case, you either need to get your floppy drive working, get another floppy drive, or try the rather complicated instructions I gave you earlier.

My own recommendation, would be to try at all costs to get a working floppy.

.. or buy a new $5 floppy drive and save yourself (and other's here) lots of time. Once done, you can just chuck it in the closet if you dont want it on the PC.

howard_hopkinso said:
In that case, you either need to get your floppy drive working, get another floppy drive, or try the rather complicated instructions I gave you earlier.

My own recommendation, would be to try at all costs to get a working floppy.

howard's right - contrary to popular belief, floppies are still essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back