Problems with excite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellaj76

I am having trouble logging onto www.excite.com. I have used this site for about a decade and have never had a problem, but for some reason when I type the address into Internet Explorer, nothing happens. I recently had an issue with some malware, but I believe that has been fixed, but now I am having this trouble. I can't even look up excite.com on google...it's very strange. Any help would be much appreciated.

It sounds like your malware problem is still there.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into a new thread in the Security and the Web forum, only after doing the above.
We also need to know the result of Panda Antirootkit.

Don't post your logs here as it is the wrong forum for malware problems.

Hi Rik, whats up mate?

The computer has been cleared in the malware forum. See the three pages in this thread

I sent stellaj76 to this forum in hopes that someone could help because I am baffled. It seems to just be this one site and I don't know what to suggest next.

Thanks, EF.

I'm having this exact same problem. Excite.com or any variation thereof refuses to load. I type it in and hit enter and it just sits there.

I've also been getting messages saying that Internet Explorer has experienced and error and needs to close (which is a separate problem that only happens on a few sites such as hotmail, etc...but I can eventually get in if I'm persistent enough).

for Rik regarding excite.com issue

Hello again Rik,

I realize you got the reply from EF about my 3 pages of malware stuff. Since then, I have downloaded firefox and have been able to get to Excite.com just fine through firefox. However, on Internet Explorer...still no luck. When I type it in the browser, the cursor just goes back to the front of the line and I get nowhere. If you have any answers, please advise. Thanks!

I have used firefox

If you read the thread, I have used firefox and I can navigate to excite.com with no problems there. The problem has only arisen when using Internet Explorer. I'm still hoping there may be a way to fix it, although it's not so bad since I can still use firefox. It's just annoying and puzzliing more than anything else.

The only suggestion i can think of is to uninstall ie7 via add remove programs then install it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back