Problems with installing XP over Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just purchaed a PC with Vista pre-installed. This PC has to be connected with multiple printers, multiple other pcs, and a MAC, BUTvista does not have drivers available for those printers and networking seems to be an issue. I decided to install XP over vista but unfortunately, I get an error as follows:
A Problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent samage to your computer
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps
Check for virused on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Chech you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run Chkdsk/f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Technical information"
STOP: 0X0000007B (0xF78D663C, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

I restarted the PC, uninstalled the MCAfee, and tried doing everything possible but could not get the XP CD to run.
The system configuration is as follows:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU 4400@2.00GHz
2.00 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Hello, Saagar, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, see if these instructions help :) Tutorial: How to reformat your hard drive and install/reinstall Windows

what you need to do is a clean install, to do that you need to boot from the XP cd and start there. You will need to either erase or format your partitions to get rid of anything vista and freeup the space used by vista. That will solve your problems. If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to assist you.

The errors comes immediately after XP installs the initial files and then it just pops up and I am left with no choice but to restart the PC.
Clean Install -- How is that possible, will it install all the drivers?

Thanks

you will have to format your hard rive before being able to put windows xp on

it will install all the drivers for your mobo, graphics etc (although get the latest nvidia/at drivers from the web site after install)

following the instructions in the link that i gave you should have you up and running in no time

u should have a CD that has the drivers for the system on it if not go to the mobo. maker site and download them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back