Problems with screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-

I just got a new laptop yesterday (Dell Inspiron 1501). The screen resolution is 1280x800. Today I downloaded and installed Zuma for windows... and the resolution for that game is obviously NOT 1280x800! When I exited the game, the screen appeared stretched, and I could move my mouse from one side of the screen to the other and scroll over to whatever was not on my screen at the moment. I went into the screen resolution settings... nothing had changed, but I was able to get the screen back to 1280x800 by fiddling with the resolution bar. I locked my computer and went away for a few minutes. When I came back and the screen came back on to the login screen, it was stretched again! I was able to get into the screen resolution settings and get it back to normal again. However,the next time I locked the computer it happened again... and again... and again. I can't seem to get it back to normal! Can anybody help? I've attached a screen cap.

Thanks,

Grace
6g4cx3o.jpg

It appears Zuma is messing up your screen settings. Can you uninstall Zuma and see what happens?

A quick solution to your problem is to use the Dell PC Restore utility. It's a factory image they take before they ship your comp. Since you just got it and probably don't have many new files yet, you can restore from factory image. Restart your comp and when you see the Dell logo press cntrl-F11. You should then see "Dell PC Restore by Symantec" screen. Select restore and it should only take a 3 to 5 mins. The laptop will then be exactly as it was when you pulled it out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back