Problems with XP OS Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4dxdpd

HELP ME GUYS PLEASE!!!! I would call Gateway Tech Support, (My computer’s a Gateway E4000) but most of
the time I can't understand what they are saying... India
...or wherever they outsourced it to....
Anyways...my computer's on the way out again I think... :( I'm not
sure what the problems are exactly, but today when I booted up, a
blue screen came up telling me about corrupt attributes.. on
the harddrive, and that it was fixing those problems...) :( and it
keeps getting slower and slower.. (almost daily).and is starting to
freeze up on me at least 5-8 times a day now with the CPU usage stuck
at 100% with no programs running..Or, it will be one program stuck
running at 100% cpu usage, like explorer...(and I won't be using it) not
good...I'm thinking about reformatting the hd (that still
shows that its good till 2009)an reinstalling the whole thing
again...I have all the good stuff backed up on cds, (Important programs) so it won't take
that long to get everything reinstalled on it again....I hope...any
ideas as to what I should do would be greatly appreciated!!!

I also ran all my diagnostics for my computer, (Motherboard, Memory, HD, ect.) and they say that everything’s fine...
I also ran full (every kind of scan for viruses, trojans, Hijackers, spyware) and
nothing turned up there either...I'm at a loss here to figure out what
the problem(s) is with my computer...Sometimes it takes the online game I like to play, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, 5mns to load, and then once it does its all jerky and screwed… up....HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!

Maybe you should consider a complete reformat and reinstall. Sometimes it`s the only way to get rid of all the uneccesary stuff. If you do this and still experience problems then maybe you`ve got a hardwear problem. I would definitely recomend the first option. Then see if your problems continue. Regards Howard:grinthumb

By your description it sounds like Scandisk did some repairs automatically after a bad shutdown and the 100% cpu usage , definitely sounds like Software/ Driver conflicts and/or corrupted files.
You should pay attention to the content in any error message you get when you get BSOD's etc. they often give you the info you need to solve these types of problems.Did you get any file names in any of those errors those could help us help you.Also agood Defrag may help along with Win update Ser Pak 2 is availible.

Yep, you were right...it was a program...not sure which one...but I went again and did a complete reformat of the HD...reinstall the OS ...problem solved!!!:grinthumb Thanks for your advise!!! it did the trick!!! I'm a happy camper again, and all is well in MUff!NLand!!! LOL...:D

Now to carefully re-install the programs I had before...and to see which one(s) did the damage before... I'm positive now, that it was a incompatibility issue......Because my computers back up to full speed again, with no freezing at all!!!

Good I`m really pleased for you. That`s what Techspot is all about. Let`s face it we all have problems from time to time. It`s just good to know that whatever the problem is someone at Techspot will always try to help. Regards Howard:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back