Processor upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,
I got a new ( new for me) athlon xp 2500+ barton cpu and i' trying to ugrade my current configuration.
My Motherboard is Azza alh KT400 with athlon xp 1700+ , DDR 333 ram (pc2700) and ati radeon 900 pro.
Motherboard settings permitted are only FSB with two jumper settings (j5,j6).
i put the jumpers to have 333 FSB to support the new processor but the system doesn't boot up.
I have no video nor sound (error beep).
Documentation for my MB is absent on the web apart some old topics in forums and the manual i have doesn't help me a lot.
In some old post i have found compatibility between the Motherboard and the processor.
Bios version on my MB in not the latest , can this be the problem?
I would expetc the system too boot up and that the processor is not recognized as the corret version.
Thanks in advance to all will answer to my post

LK

also done bios upgrade

:mad: I also upgraded bios version to the last one known 03/17/2003-KT400-8235-6A6LYP89C-00.
Same results.......... :mad: :mad:

But....

According to this site, your board only supports a FSB of 266, in which case you wouldn't be able to use the 2500+ CPU, regardless of what BIOS you have.

http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/azza/KT400-ALH-b.htm

EDIT: I notice that later down on that same page, it does mention it supports 333mhz FSB while at the top it ONLY mentions 266. Fishy... I'll see if I can find anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back