Programs Not Responding, Task Manager won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1. This morning i turned it on and it took an abnormal amount of time to boot up. I am unable to access any of the "system maintanance" progams (Control Panel, Task Manager etc). Other software programs will open, but then instantly start "Not Responding". The laptop gets stuck on "Logging Off" when attempt to shutdown or restart. I am unable to run my virus software. I tried to run Defrag and Disk Cleanup, neither will run. I am not the smartest person when it comes to computers, so any help anyone can offer will be geatly appreciated.

I am unable to connect to the internet for some reason too. Right Clicking on computer icon on bottom bar and clicking "Connect to a Network" freezes my computer.

Boot to Safe Mode with networking. Hit F8 while booting.

If you can get there do this.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic116603.html

On this post do the procedural steps 1-5 and back to normal mode Step 6.

If that file does not exist or the procedure don't work then hopefully you have Internet Access in Safe Mode networking.

If not you need to do the Attachment download on another computer and copy to a flash drive or CD and get it to the Laptop copy it to the desktop and rename and run as instructed.

Do post #3 "in severe cases" Fixit!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back