PSU RMA question

cliffordcooley

I purchased a Corsair CX600 V2 power supply about 10 months ago. This power supply died on me last week. After checking Newegg, I noticed there was only a 30 day return policy. I've never really needed to return anything before and not accustomed to dealing with RMA's.

Does this mean I was only protected from power failure during the first 30 days? Would there be anything I could do to get a replacement? I've not contacted Newegg since its been well over 30 days. I thought I would ask here on the forum and gather my thoughts before contacting anyone about the issue.

For the record, I wasn't aware of the possible problems with the builder series until after purchase. However even if I did know about the issues, I may have still made the purchase. I didn't want to purchase from a known maker of cheap PSU's and decided on Corsair.

The PSU died on me while using the PC. There was no smoke or smell. I wasn't sure what was wrong until I inspected the PC. The PSU did not light up the display on a PSU tester.

Even though Newegg has a 30 day return policy, the warranty is with the manufacturer so if you have a warranty issue after 30 days, contact them. If you live in the USA, go here: http://www.corsair.com/us/. At the bottom of the page click on "Returns/RMA" and go from there.

Maybe if you ask nicely you can request a TX650V2 as a replacement (and pay them the difference or something).
I was hoping for such luck with Newegg, hopefully I will have that option through Corsair. Thanks for the PSU maker link.

@mailpup: Thanks for the link. :) I submitted an RMA and will update with details later.

Yeah Cliffordcooley,
not all Newegg reviewers know what they are talking about, but the link you posted shows some pretty bad reviews on your power supply, hi-lighting your experience. I have a Corsair 650 watt supply running now for almost 2 years

Corsair from my experience have very good customer service, I asked for some replacement PSU cables once and was sent some for free.

Back