Purported first Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti images leak

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: We’ve seen a deluge of alleged leaks and rumors surrounding the RTX 3060 Ti recently, but there have been no pictures of the card itself. Now, however, several images of what’s claimed to be the next Ampere release have appeared online

The purported renders come from VideoCardz, which has a bit of a hit-and-miss record when it comes to these sort of leaks. They do look convincing, though.

Assuming they are the real deal, the images show one of Gigabyte’s takes on the RTX 3060 Ti. As the name suggests, the Gigabyte Eagle OC will be factory overclocked, though we don’t know exact clock-speed specs. It shows a dual-fan cooler and a single 8-pin power connector, meaning you won’t need any adapters for connecting to your PSU. As such, the card is predicted to be around the 200W TDP mark.

It’s expected that the RTX 3060 Ti will use a cut-down version of the GA104 GPU found in the RTX 3070 and have the same 8GB of GDDR6 memory clocked at 14 Gbps, 256-bit memory bus, and 448 GB/s maximum bandwidth—Gigabyte’s box suggests the VRAM rumor at least is true. The RTX 3060 Ti is said to feature fewer CUDA cores than the RTX 3070 (4,864 vs. 5,888) and will be priced between $399 and $449.

Earlier this week, a new rumor claimed that Nvidia was delaying the RTX 3060 Ti’s planned November 17 release date by two weeks to December 2, likely in the hope of increasing stock levels and avoiding the same availability issues as previous Ampere products. With the first two Radeon RX 6000 cards launching on November 18, these are exciting times for PC gamers.

Permalink to story.

Anyone know when Navi 22 is going to launch ? The 3060 (Ti) and RX 6700 are what I will be looking at.

Here in the UK at least, the 30xx seem to be impossible to get hold of, 3070's ran out within 30 mins and the websites were so slow loading it was impossible for me to buy anything, and I only loaded up 4 minutes after they went on sale.

If the 6800XT ends up not being my jam I'll probably go 3070 (or 3080 if I get rambunctious), but I am not so secretly waiting to see if the 3060ti or 3070 will get a "half length" mini card, as I'd be eying specifically one of those too.

<Sigh>... does this need an article, and that too a rumor article for this card?

The 3070 just makes more sense.

3060ti/6700 makes perfect sense...for those of us that have other things in our lives to spend cash on besides games. I sold my 1070 for $275, this costs $399. Upgrade to 2080 Super performance (which is more than enough in DCS World at 1440p), for a mere $124 more. Seems like a really smart move to me.

Back