Question about Gimp 2.6

By Zen
Sep 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello folks, I wanted to pop in here real quick and ask, what may appear to be to some a pretty silly question. Since making the jump, which was quite some time ago to Ubuntu 10.10, I was kind of forced to give up my old Adobe Photoshop 7.0 which I was using while being a Windows XP user.

    Now I'm exclusively using Gimp 2.6 for all my photo and image editing needs. Now I got the program down pretty good, I'm quite happy with most of what I'm able to do with Gimp, but one darn thing eludes me. Here's the question......"how the heck would one go about applying special effects or as Photoshop 7.0 called it "blending options" to the words that I might type onto an image?

    I miss the days that I could apply some special effects to the fonts or words typed out onto an image. Such as a discolored outer rim to the words, glow, glitter, drop shadow, up shadow, inverted glow, patterned layering, and so forth. Which option do I need to access after typing words onto an image that I want to apply the stated effects to?

    Again, love the program, just this one last hurtle is really annoying me, if I can get some help as to figure this one last thing out, my editorial creations will be complete!

    Thanks......... :)
  2. steeve

    steeve TS Enthusiast Posts: 146

    the gimp community generally manage to work out ways of doing things :)

    here's a tut on text blending - a bit old but should still be usable
  3. Zen

    Zen TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 861   +50

    Thanks Steeve, anything at this point, no matter how old will be useful, thanks!

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...