Question about multiple speaker connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xain

is it possible to connect monitor speakers, and desktop speakers to the computer so theyll all work together? i bought a sound card with 3 audio outs and a line in, yet i cant get the monitor speakers and the desktop speakers to work with one another, its either one works or the other one does. is there a certain way to connect them so that they all work?

I'd say you have to turn quadraphonic speakers on in the speaker sound options. One set you plug into rear out and one to the green out. Or if you can't figure that out, get a splitter and plug both sets into the green out.

lol blasted splitters have managed to hide on me, the ones i bought are to small so i cant connect the 2 plugs. just one more question, how do i know which is the rear out?

Should say. SB cards have them as black. But I have onboard sound and my rear is red. Check the manual is my best advice there.

the manual doesnt say which is which, it only shows a diagram and says 'line out 1, line out 2, line out 3, line in' and points to where it is. id like to get a splitter so that theres little confusion about how to connect the speakers and get them all working, but every splitter ive found wasnt the right one. also the manual mentions a couple choices of connecting, but i dont know which one is the one i need. it shows:

a) miniplug-to-female rca cable
b) rca-to-rca cable
c) coaxial cable
d) optical cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back