Question about the Geforce 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

xarchsagex

Hey all, well I sorta have question which I need answered and all help would be appreciated... So.. basically, I was wondering, if I get a 128MB Geforce 5200 (mobo only uses PCI T_T and thats the only card available where I can buy it at =/) would it be able to play WoW at the LOWEST settings at 1024x768 fullscreen res at least smoothly? I read about persons getting between 25-35 fps.. which would be wayyyy better than my integrated chipset...

I have a 2.4 GHz P4 and 1.25GB RAM, and with the integrated it would run WoW at the same settings mentioned at around 10-15 fps outside and 25fps inside instances and such...

So basically will the 5200 perform better than my Intel 82845? I at least want like 10-15fps in raids and such... Once again any help appreciated...

Most 5200's used a 64bit memory interface that pretty much crippled gaming performance but you might be able to find one thats 128bit. Have you looked on Ebay? You could probably get a cheap AGP nVidia 6600GT or 6800, maybe even a 7800GS.

If you *have* to buy that card, it will work. You *can* do better though, if you care to shop online.

I used to play WoW on a Radeon 9200 (Simliar generation card, slightly slower than a Geforce 5200). It worked and the game was very playable with low detail settings at a lower resolution.

It's not pretty, but it should do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back