Question on sending videos to people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

I don't use this so I don't know much about it but a friend of mine wants to send some small video of her grandaughter to her son. We have tried AIM, Live messenger etc. but it is really slow and it stops after a couple of minutes and says an error has occured. They are about 167mb each. As I said I don't know much about this so can anyone tell me if these are too large to send? If so, what does she do? How can we send these to her son? Thanks.

Hi

You can use rapidshare to share the file, thing with that is it becomes open to the public, or you could burn it to a CD and send it via snail mail.

I use Windows live messenger and can share any size of file with friends using the sharing folder feature, last one I shared was about 300megs.

You dont say if your using dial up or broadband, but if its dial up then any type of file transfer will have problems regardless of the size.

Lastly try converting the video to the popular Xvid format, this will shrink the file size down a bit dependant on what the type is now.

Regards

Upload speed of 450., DSL. I have tried AMI and windows live messenger and it stops part of the way through with an error.

You can try to span it. That is, using a zip utility that supports spanning, you can zip the whole file and then break it into smaller, more manageable pieces. The recipient uses a zip utility program to reassemble the pieces and unzip the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back