Radeon 7500 and Trainz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am new to this forum but I'm hoping someone can help. I recently bought Trainz Railway Simulator 2004 but it won't start properly and I think this is directly to do with my Video Card. I have a Radeon 7500 with 64mb RAM. When I start Trainz all I get is a completly blank screen. I do however get sound. I have been on the Trainz forum and someone suggested I ask here. Although some on the forum use ATI cards with Trainz without problem others say that they will not run Trainz (and indeed many other ganes as well) - the concensus seems to be that GeForce4 or similar is a much better bet for games.

I have the latest drivers for the video cards as well as directx 9. I am running XP Pro with an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ with 256 RAM.

Any help or recommendations graefully received

Ken

I can't agree with their take on the ATI cards (many here use them for quite a few high-end graphics intensive games), the FAQ indicates that the higher-end ATI cards have been deemed appropriate for the game. You seem to have better than the minimum specs for the game.

Have you gone through the steps listed on their tech support page
HERE ?

Thanks for that.. but I notice that the Radeon 7500 isn't specifically supported by Trainz, only later Radeon cards - could this be causing a problem?

Well what it means for sure is that they will not offer technical support for that VGA card, it doesn't mean it won't work.

Is it the only game giving you problems ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back