Radeon 9250 Compatabile MotherBorads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay just wondering if any one can help me with a little prob i went out and brought a Radeon 9250 256mb graphics card, i inserted it in to my VIA K7VM4 Motherboard with its onborad Graphics SG3 Grapics in disabled the onborad graphics in the Bios and the Radeon card worked but know while playing some Games e.g C&C generals Zero Hour, EVE Online, Deus Ex it Restarts the hole computer after it restarts a Windows error msg comes up and i report the problem, it says it has something to do with a Driver no installep propably. Any one got any clues i have installed all the ATI graphics Drivers.

My Com Specs :
AMD Athlon XP 2200
512mb
2.0 GHz
VIA K7VM4 Motherboard
XP Professional

Did you load the CD that the new video card came with?

What happened when Windows said "found new hardware" after it was installed?

Right-click My Computer and choose Properties. Then go to "Hardware" tab and click "Device Manager". Next click the '+' sign next to "Display Adapters" and list the entries you have under that heading.
Also in the WHOLE list, do you have any entries with exclamation points '!' or red 'X' or other symbols?

Next, you can go on to www.ati.com and download the latest Catalyst driver. In the downloads section, scroll down to "low speed" downloads and get JUST the drive and control panel. This is the link to the Windows XP section:
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

Then try installing the new driver and control panel. CP goes AFTER the driver.
Also make sure you have the latest Directx.

There's a start. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back