Radeon 9800 Pro 128 mb not installing, InstallShield Wizard problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Hp Pavillion 754n . I got a Radeon 9800 Pro agp card, installed it, and disabled my onboard graphic card, even uninstalled it and just had vga, but it refuses to be detected in Win xp pro.

I even formatted my hd, a few hours ago,and it still hasnt been detected. What I have noticed is the Catalyst programs give an error like

"Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware or software."

Omega drivers hang on installing drivers. And when I run the driver only file from ati's website, it fills up the InstallShield Wizard and then just closes. I have tried many different versions of the driver with no luck, even used the drivecleaner program with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

PEACE

do you have DX9 installed? also if your trying to install catalyst control center you have to have MS net framework installed.

oh and BTW, you did plug the card into the Power supply with the 12V molex connector didnt you?

Islamik said:
I got a Hp Pavillion 754n . I got a Radeon 9800 Pro agp card, installed it, and disabled my onboard graphic card, even uninstalled it and just had vga, but it refuses to be detected in Win xp pro.

I even formatted my hd, a few hours ago,and it still hasnt been detected. What I have noticed is the Catalyst programs give an error like

"Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware or software."

Omega drivers hang on installing drivers. And when I run the driver only file from ati's website, it fills up the InstallShield Wizard and then just closes. I have tried many different versions of the driver with no luck, even used the drivecleaner program with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

PEACE

You can try manually installing the catalyst drivers.
  • Start -> Run
  • Type devmgmt.msc
  • Click OK
  • Double-click "Display Adapters"
  • Double-click the first display adapter
  • Click "Driver" tab
  • Click "Update Driver" button
  • "Can Windows connecto to..." -> Select NO
  • Click next
  • "This wizard helps you install.." -> Select "Install from specific location...",
  • Click Next
  • "Search for removable media..." -> Select NO
  • "Include this location..." -> Select YES
  • Click Browse
  • Browse to C:\ATI\Support\(Driver version)\Driver\2KXP_INF
  • Click OK
  • Click Next
  • Click Finished

You will need to install the Catalyst Control panel afterwards. You can do so by going to C:\ATI\Support\(Driver version)\ACE (Catalyst Control Center CCC) or C:\ATI\Support\(Driver version)\Cpanel and run setup.exe by double clicking on it.

iss said:
do you have DX9 installed? also if your trying to install catalyst control center you have to have MS net framework installed.

oh and BTW, you did plug the card into the Power supply with the 12V molex connector didnt you?

oops? do you happen to have a photo link to this step?

Rick, I tried that with my onboard graphics uninstalled and the vga controller with the yellow icon and it just installs my onboard graphics[intel 845g]

Thanks for the suggestions, gonna take it to the shop tomorrow to see if they can resolve it.

oops? do you happen to have a photo link to this step?

you simply take one of the 4 pin molex connections running fromt he power supply and plug it into the connection on the video card. the connection is usually on the top of the card ( which would be the underside of the card if the card is installed. it's the same type of connectionyou use to plug in a hard drive or CD Rom. the cards used to come with a y adapter allready attached to the card. but ately they havnt been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back