radeon 9800se drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

onesmartidiot

ive always been told to go nvidia over ati because the drivers are horrible. but somehow i decided to get a sapphire 9800se card last june so i could use 2 monitors. this thing ran perfectly on the ati drivers that it came with, till bought a new board (because my last one burnt up)

this new board is almosty the same as my last one, just has less features. but no matter what i do, ati, sapphire, omega, i cannot get this thing 100% stable. if i try installing simcity 4 it will just turn off both monitors and force me to do a hard restart. then sometimes will not go past my core cell picture screen in post. any ideas on who makes a sweet driver for this card?

amd 64 3000+
1 gig of ram
ati 9800se sapphire

my new board has an 8x slot like the last one too

k8t neo v

after holding for 45 minutes, ati told me that i had to install the catylyst and driver from their website to begin with. he pretty much told me to throw away my video card disc (not that i will) because its useless. my problem was that i had the catylyst version 5.0 alongside with the newest driver. i had to completely uninstall my video drivers and load up catylist 7.9 and the driver meant for that, and now it runs mostly fine. there still are the hard restarts it will do by itself, and the error report always says video device driver in infinate loop, but i dunno.

it will hold me over till i buy a laptop this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back