Radeon Graphics card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADLEMON

Hi guys, im currently using a radeon 9600 and having a little trouble.
When my computer boots up it now boots up in resolution 1024 instead of 800x600, even though the settings say 800/600. The monitor turns itself off sometimes... well more like it just stops receiving anything, the power is still on. any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Boot into Safe Mode and uninstall your display drivers. Reboot into Windows normally and install the latest version of your drivers.

also if u can boot using a s-video cable and set it to the right res, mine had the same problem afetr i installed new drivers and this worked for me, but i'm no expert

I TRIED THIS BUT I GOT THIS ERROR

regarding my .Net framework . it says i dont have the right version. WHY?! WHY ME?!?! WHY IS IT ALWAYS MY COMPUTER?!

Okay, so, you made it into Safe Mode and you've uninstalled your Radeon 9600's drivers via the Device Manager and you received that .Net Framework error at what stage?

If you're using Windows XP 32-bit here are your drivers. Download those, attempt to remove your current drivers again via Safe Mode and the Device Manager, reboot, then install the latest version you've just downloaded.

Run a Windows Update and take a look at the "Optional" software on the left hand side. You should be able to install .Net Framework from there.

The better question would be, why not you? You are of no more importance or significance to the universe than a fly is. Nobody else deserves this more nor less than you. Everyone has PC issues from time to time, it's not only you. I'm forced to grab my ankles once in a while too, believe me.

.NET Framework must be installed before you can install the Catalyst Control Center suite. However, you have the option of downloading and installing the driver only (without CCC) and for that you don't need .NET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back