Radeon HD 5700 series specs and prices leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

In addition to the Radeon HD 5800 cards already detailed, some information about AMD's Radeon HD 5700 series has leaked onto the Web. The German e-tailer Mindfactory.de listed the two cards on its site for a brief period -- just long enough for TechConnect Magazine to grab a sreenshot of the listings.

According to TechConnect's report, AMD's mainstream DirectX 11 GPUs, models 5750 and 5770, will cost about 120 and 150 Euro. Both cards will be equipped with 800 stream processors, a 128-bit memory interface, 1GB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 4600MHz, a dual-slot cooler, support for CrossFireX, and dual DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort ports.

TechConnect notes that greatest difference between the cards is their core clock frequency. The Radeon HD 5750 is set at 700MHz, while the HD 5770 is a bit higher 850MHz. For more details on AMD's next-generation graphics cards, check out our recent review of the Radeon HD 5870.

Permalink to story.

That's about ~ $175 & $220 USD respectively. Wonder if those are the appx. prices they want to use here in US too. A bit more then I would've guessed personally. I need to upgrade my GPU anyway curious if I should look at the 5700 series or go with something else.

I'd thought they'd be a little pricer than that too. I'm going to wait until the 3rd party o/c'd versions of the 5870 come out before upgrading. They'll be cheaper then too as opposed to at release. But I still imagine it will be in the $400 - $500 range. Which is going to be new for me as I haven't owned a Radeon card for a good 12-13 years.

Wow - good prices if they're accurate. Normally I'd have to wait a year before a next-gen GPU drops to these price level. Does AMD want to be on every gamers desktop or what?!

Since AMD bought ATI. Seem like ATI pricing for the GPU follows AMD CPU Pricing strategy.

Marketing Wise.

I'm interested to see how these will fare in the 1680x1050 realm. The 5850 is a little too rich for my blood, at least for the moment.

I read some where that the HD 5770 is about as powerful as a HD 4870. Since the 4870 is significantly cheaper, why bother with this right now?

Teklord said:
I read some where that the HD 5770 is about as powerful as a HD 4870. Since the 4870 is significantly cheaper, why bother with this right now?

I think your missing the point Tek, tessellation,computeshade, less power consumption, DX 11, if thats not important to you then you would get the 4870. but the next gen of games are going to be DX11

I presume that once the benchmarks are out, the HD 5770 should outperform the 4870. Also the lower power consumption will make it a great choice for CrossFire.

Since I use a strategy of buying older cards when the prices drop, these cards will not be in any of my machines for at least a year or two. I'm not at all concerned with Directx11 since any new cames will be directx10 backwards compatible (maybe dx9 as well) and I was not impressed with the difference between 9 and 10. The 800 stream processors is significant, but why are all their cards 128bit? I would prefer 256bit or even 512bit if they could pull it off, I haven't seen a 256bit ATI card in years. Nvidia has them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back