Radeon x1600 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put in my new graphics card and a few problems occurred. The major one is that my internet will not start. I took the chord that connects my computer to the router and plugged it in to the laptop and the internet worked on the laptop.

The second problem is that when I tryed to install the new graphics card an error came up saying it could not find the PCI Bridge Device and it could not find the SM Bus Controller.

Thankyou for the help

Try new device drivers for the video card and pci bridge device. Give us your specs. Follow steps 3 & 4 of my guide here; https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic66390.html

It sounds like a problem with the drivers to me, but we can also offer additional advice if we know your other specs as well.

I could not get the CPU Z because my internet is not working on that computer but the info i could get is...
AMD 64 3500 Processor
Available PCI Express Slot
300 Watt Max
2.21 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

I do not know if that helps.

Roger877 said:
I could not get the CPU Z because my internet is not working on that computer but the info i could get is...
AMD 64 3500 Processor
Available PCI Express Slot
300 Watt Max
2.21 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

I do not know if that helps.

It does, but try to copy cpu-z onto a cd and transfer it to the other computer. The more info the better. Your power supply is quite low, try to check step 3 of my guide and find how much amperage that power supply has on the +12V Rail/s.

Ok I got it...
Name AMD Athlong 64 3500
Codename Venice
Package Socket 939
Brand ID 4
Corespeed 2210 MHz
Multiplier x11.0
HTT 1004.6 MHz

Mainboard
Manufacturer To be filled by O.E.M
Model MS 7207G

Memory
Type DDR
Size 1024 MBytes
Channels # Single

Roger877 said:
O sorry...
Also on the 12V rail, it says 15A

That is relatively low for that card. Hopefully other people will post and give their input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back