RADEON X550 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi!
currently owning a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P with the graphics card
Ati Radeon X550.
I have tried everything from updating the Bios to reinstalling everything, resetting the bios and every instruction i have gotten from the support service aso.
anyway, i got the computer just a couple of weeks ago and i have been thinking that there has to be something wrong with this computer since in the beginning it was hanging a lot and getting a "no signal" screen very often.
also during regular tasks such as checking email and open a cd or something the no signal thing occured.
i tried a couple of games. installed the newest drivers and everything available from both fsc and ati, but still no help to get.
im becoming more and more frustrated cause i cant play any of the games i play or do any of the graphics that i want to either.
is my card faulty as well?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just to rule it out as a possible cause. Try a different monitor.

If that doesn`t help. Send the computer back and have it looked at under the terms of the warranty.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

posting the thread which have been in the contact with fujitsu siemens cs.

problemchild said:
hi!
currently owning a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P with the graphics card
Ati Radeon X550.
I have tried everything from updating the Bios to reinstalling everything, resetting the bios and every instruction i have gotten from the support service aso.
anyway, i got the computer just a couple of weeks ago and i have been thinking that there has to be something wrong with this computer since in the beginning it was hanging a lot and getting a "no signal" screen very often.
also during regular tasks such as checking email and open a cd or something the no signal thing occured.
i tried a couple of games. installed the newest drivers and everything available from both fsc and ati, but still no help to get.
im becoming more and more frustrated cause i cant play any of the games i play or do any of the graphics that i want to either.
is my card faulty as well?
Hello,

Here's a shorter version of "FS004004 - Scaleo kotitietokoneiden ajuripäivitys" in english.

1. Open interner browser and go to address: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
2. Follow the instructions on site.
3. Select "custom", select "sottware, optional" and then select all optional updates. Select "review and install updates" and "install updates". Follow instructions.

4. Open internet browser and go to address http://www3.fujitsu-siemens.com/services/homepc/scaleo.zip
5. Save the file to Windows desktop.

6. When the file is downloaded, go to Control panel > Add or Remove Programs.
7. Remove softwares that begin with a word "ATI" or "NVIDIA".

8. If you removed any softwares in step 7, restart computer. Otherwise go to step 10.
9. If you removed any softwares in step 7, display resolution will be low and Windows will want to install video card graphics drivers, when prompted for drivers, select cancel.

10. Click file "scaleo" which is located in Windows desktop with secondary mouse button and select extract all, extract contents to their own folder by selecting next and then finally finish.
11. A new folder window opens, open file "scaleo".by doubleclicking on it and update process will start.

ATTN: As long as installation progress is being displayed on screen, do not restart the computer. This will be done automatically once update progress is finished.

ATTN: If you use a CRT- or tube-monitor, display resolution may be low after restart. You can fix this by going to Control panel > (Appearance and Themes >) > Display > Settings > select a proper display resolution > Advanced > Monitor > select a proper display refresh rate > OK > OK.

Juho Lehto
Support
Fujitsu Siemens Computers Oy
Vankanlähde 7
13100 Hämeenlinna, Finlan

hi!
I just downloaded all the driver updates from the webpage for my computer, but i cant seem to figure out how to install them.
Should i first unzip the files and then let windows search for updated drivers or should i try to open the files which came in the installation
packages or how should i do it?

best regards,
Erkki Muhonen

ps: a FSC autiomatic updates program would be very great since the downloads are hard to get for an unexperienced PC user and even for me who are not an unexperienced one.

Hello,

1. Please download BIOS-update from address:
http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/...wareGUID=9159050B-4475-4ABF-992C-59A2BDCC16BA

Note that the link is long and it may be divided to two or more lines, please make sure the link is fully inserted to your browser's address bar.

Click "I accept the license agreements" and "download driver" and then save the file to Windows desktop for example. Insert an empty CD-RW-disc to your CD-/DVD-burner drive.

Below are instructions for different versions of Nero, please use the instructions for version you use.

Nero 5.5

2. Open Nero Burning ROM, cancel "new compilation" window if it appears.
3. Select File > Open.
4. Browse to the folder you saved the previously downloaded file.
5. Doubleclick on the file you downloaded.
6. Select "Finalize CD" and then click "Write" button.

Nero 6 Express

2. Open Nero 6 Express. (Start-menu > All programs > Nero > Nero OEM > Nero Express)
3. Select your CD/DVD-burner drive and CD-R/RW from top right drop-down menu. Then select disc image or saved project.
4. As file type, select Image-files and then browse and select the file you downloaded earlier.
5. Select next and burn the CD.

When the CD is complete,
- Close CD/DVD-drive tray if it is open and make sure the CD is still in the drive, restart computer.
- Computer starts to MS-DOS mode, where type FLASH and press Enter.
***If "FLASH" does not work, try "START" without quotation marks.***
- Update will be done automatically.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- When update is complete, remove the CD from drive, turn off your computer and then restart the computer.

If you still have problems, please do nex set of instructions below.

FS006101 - Multilingual Recovery (eng)

When you follow the instructions below, all your personal files will be removed. If you have important files saved on your computer, please backup those files to another media, such as writable CD or DVD media.

1) Unplug network cable, even if you have only a modem or other dial-up connection.
2) Insert the Product Recovery CD or DVD (Windows XP Home) to the computer's CD-/DVD-drive and restart the computer.
3) When you see message "Press any key to boot from CD", press any key so that installation starts.
4) Press >> -button or Enter four times, installation will complete setup process automatically.
5) After Windows has been installed, take off the product recovery CD/DVD and insert Drivers & Utilities CD or DVD. From this CD/DVD, install drivers for the computer, once done restart the computer.
6a) Ensure that Windows Firewall is enabled. Go to Start > Control panel > Network connections > Click the icon of your network connection with secondary mouse button and select properties > advanced > ensure that the checkbox is selected.
6b) Or if you have Service Pack 2 version of your operating system: Start > Control panel > Windows Firewall > Select "On". Go to advanced tab and select restore defaults, click yes and OK.
7) Plug back the network cable.
8) Open Internet browser and go to address http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install updates that are marked as important. Once updates has been installed, restart the computer.

Open internet connection and internet browser, go to http://www.norman.com/Download/Full_versions/nvc/en
Select the language you want, then download the file to your computer, for example to your desktop.

When the download is completed, run the downloaded file and install Norman. If you are asked whether you want to keep your old firewall rules, answer no.

If authentication key is not being accepted during install or you still don't have it, type in DEMO and continue with install. Then restart the computer when asked to do so.

Then click N icon which is beside the clock and select Configuration editor, type your authentication key to textbox deserverd for the key, then click save.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:27 PM
To: Fujitsu-Siemens Tukipalvelut
Subject: Re: Unstable processor

more problems...
When playing games on the computer suddenly i get the message on the screen that there is no signal.
The computer freezes completely and this happens even if i reboot or reinstall the whole recovery cd plus the added resourcedisk. i downloaded the newest catalyst program(directly from ATI) to see if it that would help, but that did not help either.
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Erkki'
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:28 PM
Subject: RE: Unstable processor

Hello,

Sorry, I assumed from your name that finnish shouldn't be a problem.

In english then; The CPU can change its frequency on the fly depending on how much performance is required from the CPU at the time. When the CPU is idle, it lowers frequency and thus saves power consumption and produces less heat. In other words, its perfectly normal for the CPU frequency to change all the time.

Go to Control panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > expand IDE ATA and ATAPI controllers > select secondary IDE-chanel > press the delete button on keyboard > click ok > repeat the procedure for primary IDE-channel (the device will not disappear from the device manager until reboot) > restart the computer.

When starting up, Windows will install new devices. If Windows so asks, please restart once again. Go to Control panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > expand IDE ATA and ATAPI controllers > doubleclick on secondary IDE-channel > advanced settings.

Is "DMA" used instead of "PIO"?

"Answer:DMA is used!"

Hi!
I received a computer yesterday in the mail with sn: , its the
Fujitsu pa 340-10 + 17^^
it seems that the processor is somewhat unstable, cause when im checking the system properties the processor speed shows much less
than the AMD athlon 64 3400+ has which is 2.21Ghz.
The herzes coming up is ranging between 994mhz AND 2.21Ghz,
but what it normally shows is 994mhz. It changes every second time i look at it(994/1.79), even if im running other processes or not.
what could be the problem?
it also seems that its very slow reading cd's and dvd's and or running multiple small processes at the same time, f.ex playing solitaire and opening another program.
it somewhat seems to cause the computer to literally freeze for a second or to which it should not with a computer like this.

Well that`s all fine and dandy. Am I actually supposed to read all that?

Like I said. If trying another monitor doesn`t help, send the computer back.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
Well that`s all fine and dandy. Am I actually supposed to read all that?

Like I said. If trying another monitor doesn`t help, send the computer back.

Regards Howard :)

thanks
ill try that...
ill anyway send it over to the support team on tuesday, cause i cant bear this stupidity and bad costumer service they have at FSC. I used to have a really old Dell Dimension 500 something and it was perfect.nothing ever went wrong until the ligthning struck and the everything went to hell...
i've also been using HP for a while, which i must say, they really put a good effort in customer service.
ps. i wish i had built this computer myself, but somewhere i lost all my abilities from trying and failing in my childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back