Ram Question :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab2140

Hi all, recently i bought an asus striker motherboard and im trying to find ram for it but im confused on when it says beside ram (pc-6400) or (pc-8500) what exactly does this mean? also can anyone recommened ram that would fit my asus striker extreme? also if anyone could give me a short brief about memory timings like 5-5-5-5 what does that mean thanks:D

Have a look at the Crucial website - it will tell you what memory to buy for your board. The Asus manual with the board also used to tell you the names and types of approved memory modules - check to see if there is a listing there.

pc-6400 or pc-8500 what exactly does this mean?
the PC6400 etc is the memory bandwidth, PC6400 equates to DDR 800MHz and PC5400 is 667MHz

also can anyone recommened ram that would fit my asus striker extreme?
like Albert said, go to the Crucial site and run their scanner - it will tell you how much memory your mobo can take, what type and what speeds :)

if anyone could give me a short brief about memory timings like 5-5-5-5 what does that mean
timings like 4-4-4-12 or 5-5-5-15 etc are the latencies, basically, the lower the better, but it has to be compatible with your board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back