Ram updated but laptop not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys ,
first of all hallo to every one iam new to this forum , i hve a problem i hve updated my laptop ram to 512 MB ram rigth now iam trying to start it but its not working ,,,
power is working i guess its not booting up

did any one faced this prob pls give solution to this my laptop is sony vaio fs315m

thank u

hi....

If u upgrade the RAM.......please check with the Type and the Frequency (speed) of the RAM... and then the Size
For Example.. 667 MHz DDR2 registered ECC FB-DIMMs
Please check with the Frequency..of the Both the RAM's. It should be the same.
And the maximum Efficiency that u get.. when u use Same capcity of the RAM with Same Speed..
Also check with Single RAM.. on every Slot.. and check whether it's been detected in the BIOS
Also check with the Pairs..
For example most of the system board 'll have 4 Memory Modules.. and in that case, the Pairs are 1,3 and 2,4. So we need to install the RAM's on the respective slots.

hi Prathab thanx 4 ur response ,

yeah i hve checked it everthing is ok in fact i hve removed the new RAM n want to go with the old one but still lap top in not running i mean

" when iam switching on the laptop i can c nothing on the screen its blank its statring up i dont know wht could be the prob i mean its not booting up , or the display is gone i dont know any idea ............ pls help me

thank u

Hey Direct, there is no need to make the same post twice.

Do you have a monitor you could hook to the laptop? Was the screen displaying okay before the upgrade?

Okay so it sounds like you installed the wrong ram in your upgrade then. Still a little confused, in post #5 you say that the old ram didnt work, now you say it does?

so sorry.. yaar. i didn't check the mail..so that i couldn't reply........ so how is the laptop.. does it works fine.. pls tell us.. how did u resolve..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back