Random Audio playing in the background

First off, I want to thank you for viewing this post and for helping me resolve this issue. I'll give you the back-story of what happened. This morning, I turned on my computer as normal and played games. I then turned on my Skype so I could talk to the friends I was playing with. After a while, while playing my game, my computer randomly restarts itself. When it finally booted, I immediately got back on Skype and started my game. After some time, however, it started playing random audio such as advertisements, music, etc. I thought it was Skype so I closed it. The audio continued to play. I knew it couldn't have been my game because League of Legends does not play radio and advertisements. However, I closed my game after a while in an attempt to figure out what is playing the audio. I opened up my Volume Control and noticed that there was something called "Name Not Available". I muted this and the audio stopped. This should not be there, however, and I'm trying to figure out what is making this audio play and how I can get rid of it.

Anti-virus/Anti-spyware programs:
  • AVG (Free Version)
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • CCleaner

Hmm. This is quite odd. I am not really sure but the only thing I can recommend with the details given is to run a full Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan and see if it detects something. I am not really sure what else it could be. My first guess would be some sort of adware installed on your computer. If Malwarebytes comes up clean, then download SuperAntiSpyware and run a full scan. If that comes up clean, I am really not sure what the issue is and I hope someone else in the TS community can help you out and resolve the issue! Good luck!

I recently saw a similar problem posted in Virus and Malware Removal Forum and Broni fixed it.

If system restore doesn't work, suggest the OP go post for help in Malware Removal forum
I definitely think random playing of ads without a credible source is adware. Like you said, I think it is best if he goes for help in the Malware Removal forum.

I feel like it may be adware. What do you think?
Yes I am in agreement. Its is a forum of adware. As LookinAround has stated. If the system restore does not work. The best bet would be to go to Malware Removal forum. Here at Techspot.

Last edited:
Back