Random BSODs every 3-4 days..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackAzrael

Alright, i have had this problem for over 4 months now. I'm really starting to lose patience. I have tried a lot of things to fix it but to no avail. I tried checking my hard drives for errors, testing pretty much all of my hardware including the power supply and i even changed my motherboard because i was almost certain it was it.

After that i was still getting BSODs so i was like wtf. Then i tested my rams sticks 3 times each one by one (i have two sticks of corsair RAM). I had no errors until the third test with the first stick. As for the second stick i had an error on the second test only. So my friend is gonna lend me some RAM to see if it's really the problem.

And can anybody tell me where the minidumps are please :S?

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Alright, I will do so. Thank you.

Edit: Ok, there is only one file, but here it is nonetheless.

Attachments

• Minidump 011010-21294-01.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
Any errors with Memtest and you have corrupted memory that needs to be replaced.

Your error code is 0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

In fact, this is one of the strongest errors indicating corrupted memory (I speak from personal experience) and your dump specifically cited corrupted memory.

That's what i thought. But like i said, i'll borrow my friend's RAM and see what happens for a few days. Thanks a lot still, i'll post the results back. I really hope it fixes this never-ending problem. It's a real nightmare lol :p

Thanks again.

also make sure your firmware/BIOS is updated because without that, it can start messing up.
So if all else fails then try that. good luck hope you get it fixed.

Yeah i did think about that but sometimes it brings more problems then fixing them. I think i'll do that only as a last resort. Thank you still.

also is your pc a desktop or laptop, if desktop take side cover off and on the mobo will be a battery looks like a smooth quarter take it out while pc is off. and keep out for 30 seconds then put back in and restart. this resets the bios to manufacturer defaults and will rule the bios out of the picture. but i still think u should update bios and firmware cus i was having a very similar problem just every time i got to the user login so i went into safe mode with networking and updated every thing one at a time. and it fixed when i got the firmware and bios update
just a suggestion.
hope it works out for u

Ok my computer just froze when i was in a game. It says this in the event viewer :

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

The previous system shutdown at 20:28:23 on ‎2010-‎01-‎19 was unexpected.

Yeah that error is because i was forced to reset the computer because it literally froze like that. It was not a blue screen tough. What worries me is that i have my friend's RAM now and it did that. Well it did do that with my other RAM once.

Hmmm, you have two excellent products in both motherboard and memory. Gigabyte and Corsair are Tier 1 manufacturers so this is a perplexing problem.

For clarity's sake, you received errors when you ran Memtest on your RAM, correct?

Yes that is correct, i received an error on both sticks when i ran tests one by one. I did 3 tests. I noted the errors in case you need to see them. All tests were done with memtest+.

Okay, as I mentioned before, if you get any errors with Memtest you have RAM that needs to be replaced. Also, read my second response to you. Corsair should honor their warrenty.

I had almost the same issue you did. At first random crashes with periods of stability inbetween but it got worse over time. I was running my 2 gigs of memory in a 4x512 configuration and it happened to be my third stick. I had the error 0x4E.

That's why i borrowed my friend's ram today so i can see if the bsods disappear. As for the freeze issue, i don't really know. I could always try to re-install windows.

I don't know if it can have an impact but i only have 2 gig (my friends ram) instead of 4 gig (my ram) and i'm running windows 7 64-bit pro. I doubt it has anything to do with that but who knows.

well i have never had a problem with doing that it has never messed anything up for me and it is what fixed the same exact problem as you have. so maybe you could at least try it to get one more thing out of the way. and if it does somehow mess it up you can just do a recovery or system restore.

Well today's been a week now that i haven't had a single bsod with my friend's RAM. So i guess i will return my RAM on warranty. As for the freezing problem i don't know how to fix that, but it didn't occur again yet.

Good to hear BlackAzrael. I wouldn't be suprised if your freezing problem was due to your faulty RAM.

Well i don't know because i got a freeze when i first used my friend's RAM but yeah i'll return my memory. Hopefully it's not too much of a hassle. It's the first time i return something on the manufacturer's warranty.

Okay, it just froze again a few minutes ago and this time i was on windows xp pro 32-bit.

Any help or info on this problem?

Note that my blue screens problems are gone tough, so that's one major thing fixed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back