Random BSoD's of unusual varity

I get random BSoD's

from playing/surfing/loading windows/file transfering

this happend out of nowhere no hardware upgrades or tampering.

I had run my pc for about 5 months with the current clock settings

4.5ghz (core i5 2500k) @ 1.32 vcore

then this started happening and I dont seem to be able to reduce the vcore settings without getting instantly bsod at windows logo at startup so resetting bios wasnt working since it requires high vcore to not get bsod's to frequently. Now its like every 20min - 3 hours bsod more often the more stress I put on.

I adjusted the vcore to 1.37 at 4ghz atm to not get to many bsod's but something is seriously wrong here. I also tried to reinstall windows ran hdd test and memtest without any errors. Also tried with a Corsair vx 550w psu without improvement.

so what I suspect is falty motherboard, cpu or psu

question is which would it be really looking for help here.

Some of the resent dmp files
View attachment 091811-5787-01.zip

computer specs

motherboard
p67 gd 55

CPU
i5 2500k

harddrive
intel 320 120gb ssd + western digital 1.5tb green

grafikcard
gf 470

PSU
500w ocz modstream pro

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Every one of your errors is 0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dumps simply cited hardware as well as a few Windows OS drivers as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

*** An i5 2500K @ 4.5 GHz is not stock. Considering that intelppm.sys came up several times as the cause, which is a Windows driver for Intel cpus, it looks like the issue is overclocking.

*** Ease back on your overclock or better yet set it at factory designed parameters and tell us if you regain stability.

i know the common chases and so i did narrow it down a lot if you read the post, and if you also read the post i cant you use stock settings since i cant even get past the windows logo at start up unless i pump up my vcore settings a lot. The more vcore i have the more stable it seems to be however i dont want to push it over 1.36vcore so i ruin something completly

I'll just let someone else deal with it then. Nevertheless, all errors are 0x9C and the fact your cpu is overclocked I'll let speak for itself in light of the error code definition. Is your RAM also overclocked? Good luck.

sure i dont neglect the fact that the overlocking might be the problem but as you can see i cant use the stock settings so something is damaged, what i want to find out is what and possible what caused it. But mainly what so i can replace the part.

my ram is running at 1600hz @1.652v t2 9 9 9 24 timing

Thing is been running my system overclocked like this perfectly stable for about 5 months without issues. Something suddenly got broken I'm trying to find out what.

Back