Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Stop: 0x0A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been researching this error I keep getting in Windows XP and I can't seem to identify which driver is causing the issue. I have run memtest86 on my memory as well and that all tests out fine. The problem I'm having is, I can't reproduce the crash as needed so they appear random. Also, I looked at all of the dumps but I don't see anything really in common between them that stands out as the issue. I was wondering if someone could take a look at the minidumps and see if anything stands out to them.

I've placed the Minidumps here:

http://www.sorrentinoweb.net/Minidump.zip

Both the *.dmp files and the *.txt files are enclosed.

I'd really appreciate any assistance anyone could provide.

Thank you!

Hii,

Weclome aboard!

Yours windows have two device driver problem. The version of the nVidia Display card driver and ZoneAlarm are faulty. Some crashes maybe caused by faulty ram. Anyway fix the device driver. If BSOD still occurs, run memtest to stress the ram

Suggestion
1. De-install or upgrade ZoneAlarm. The following versions of ZA are faulty
Tue Nov 15 14:37:24 2005
Tue Aug 30 08:22:30 2005
Jul 18 2005
Wed Apr 20 05:37:55 2005
2. nVidia Display Driver
Fall back your nVidia Display card to previous version

Ok, I removed ZoneAlarm completely and changed my video drivers. This seemed to stretch out the BSOD's I've been having, but, they still seem to occur. Took me a while to reply to this because I wanted to get a couple Minidumps for you. The new ones are attached. Please let me know if they show any insight into what's going on.

Thanks!

Hi dsorrent,

My original reply
<<
Yours windows have two device driver problem. The version of the nVidia Display card driver and ZoneAlarm are faulty. Some crashes maybe caused by faulty ram. Anyway fix the device driver. If BSOD still occurs, run memtest to stress test the ram
<<

As BSOD still occurs, run memtest to stress test the ram. One minidump is crashed at nVidia Display card driver. As your version is very new, I have no information whether it is stable or not. Install nVidia Display Card driver version 78.05.

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nv4_mini+53dc6
f5d60dc6 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
SYMBOL_NAME: nv4_mini+53dc6
MODULE_NAME: nv4_mini
IMAGE_NAME: nv4_mini.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 43eb70fc
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xA_W_nv4_mini+53dc6
BUCKET_ID: 0xA_W_nv4_mini+53dc6

Oh, sorry, I should have posted that.. I did run memtest86 overnight and had 0 errors. However, don't worry about this issue anymore. I crashed again this morning with a reference to vsdatant.sys and read about it online. Its apparently left over files from ZoneAlarm. So I folllowed the removal procedures I found and it rendered my system unbootable.

I'm re-installing Windows cleanly now so hopefully all my issues will go away. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back