Random Lockups with Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

Im new to this forum but ill try to give the best info about my problem.

My issue is that I will be using my computer, mostly for games ( World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2, Crysis, etc. ) and at times can run the computer for a long time. During my use, My computer will tend to lock up and freeze, completely losing control of the computer and hearing the sound freeze up too (makes a fast studdering sound). This doesnt happen too often, usually every 3-4 days at random times.
Im not too sure what it could be but I have a feeling it could be my Power Supply.

Here are my system specs:

ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 MoBo
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 Ghz
NVIDIA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
4GB DDR2 800 RAM
250GB SATA 3GB/Sec
DVD/RW Drive
620W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 Power Supply
2x 250mm Case Fans
1x 120mm Case Fan

Again, Im a little worried it could be the PSU but thats why I'm here. Much thanks for the help in advance.

*Edit*

My Voltages all read normal, and under load still remain good.

Your problem reminds me of a similar problem I had when I recorded music on a former pc I had. After so many takes through the microphone, the recording software would simply quit. Once it quit, it quit again and again, until I deleted the sound files and let the computer rest overnight. I took a guess that something just got too full of information and finally said "I quit."

In your case, I would be tempted to switch out your power supply for something like a Thermaltake or Ultra power supply to see what would happen...or, if you happen to have another computer with a power supply you could switch just to see if the problem would replicate.

Another thing that might help is a heatsink with copper tubes to draw out heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back