Random restart/Restart after trying to load windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGraves

Hey guys,
im posting on behalf of my brother who gets frustrated and just wants to give up ;)

Basically what was happening was during game play his PC would randomly shut off. It got worse as time progressed,more fequent restarts and then not even being able to power the system up.

Now he has been getting a message after the post screen saying:
Windows did not start up please choose from a start up option (somethingto that extent) then you can choose from safe mode or regular start up.

The problem here is that you cant select anything,no keyboard response and then windows automatically tries to load (windows load screen) and then a BSOD appears very briefly and the system restarts.

Originally I thought his problem was cooling,with the random restarts. But then it started restarting after about a minute that the PC was on. So I thought a dieing PSU. But the windows restarting has got me thinking a bad hard drive or something as an extra bonus to bad power/cooling.

This was a PC purchased from Ibuypower about 3 years ago. I hate that company with a passion.

Hey I appologize for posting this under the wrong thread. Didnt relize what thread I was under when I posted.

Pretty much cooling is the main cause of that symptom, blow the dust out of the PSU, fans, filters, video card and CPU and whatever other heatsinks you have. Check the PSU for low voltages with a multimeter.

You need to strip down your system. Then check everything as you reinstall components. This could be a bad ram module, you may need to reformat, your cpu may be acting up because it's not seated right, or the fan is loose. You should carefully and one by one...check everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back