Random restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i got a problem with my Pc runing with my configuration about 2 years without bigger problems but now i got random restarts without error. I come from work , start the computer and i get a random restart after 5 min only in windows then a next one then i play games for 2 hours and nothing and then again a restart . Thought it was a software or win problem I formated the disk and installed windows , but i still got restarts . Tried to test it in safe mode i think i got only 1 restart in safe mode tested it for 2 days about 4 hours a day . Then i tried to put out 1 Ram then the other but the problem still persist . Dont think its a Ram problem or power supply i had a power supply problem with my older pc and i had freezes not restarts . Thx a lot for help

My config: p4 3.0 HT , asus MB P4R800-VM, MSI Geforce 6600GT 128MB VIVO,
2x 1GB DDR RAM Kingston, 300 GB HDD Seagate +50 GB HDD WD , Power supply - Thermaltake 480W

Try running the computer with the case open for a few days, and see if you get these restarts. While you have it open, clean out any dust and make sure that all the fans are clean and running properly

1. ensure computer is clean and well ventilated.
2. check ram with memtest 86+ booted from a floppy or a CD
3. test your PSU with a tester tool and a multi-meter.

"tyranny - dominance through threat of punishment and violence"...

Good advice Tedster!

Now if Swissko knows what a power supply tester and a volt meter is, we're all set :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back