Razer Blade Stealth & Razer Core V2 Review

Yet another laptop that seems to think it's ok to make the cursor/arrow keys half sized and effectively bin the page up and down keys (copying surface key layout). Makes the keyboard pretty much unusable for me if you want to do more than a few emails and simple docs - shame.

Sounds OK, but I'd agree it's just a bit pricey .... they get it down under $1,000 it would be worth a 2nd look .....

>Considering the new CPU only costs OEMs a few dollars more than the old one,
>this seems a little unreasonable

Likely memory pricing I suspect. If you check out the Razer financials they make minimal profit on their laptops to begin with due to lack of scale.

Also bear in mind if you want to keep a 30-40% gross margin a $100 increase only gives you an incremental $60-60 of bill of material cost to play around with.

PS this thing is screaming out for an MX150.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, have you had any QA issues with any of the Stealths you've tested? I absolutely love the design and build of Razer's laptop but didn't wanna get a lemon. I also agree that the $500 price tag of the Core V2 is a non-starter.

Still needs a better iGPU. Why would I buy this over cheaper machines with better build quality and just buy the dock instead?

If it used iris graphics, then we'd be talking.

Would like to see how the 1080ti fairs in the core v2. The setup outlined here isn't really balanced versus the other offerings and definitely not apples.

Back