Razer DeathAdder Elite Review

Jos

Staff

The Razer DeathAdder has often been regarded as one of the top gaming mice since it emerged back in 2006. While there have been a few iterations over the years, Razer has focused on incremental upgrades without ever changing what makes the DeathAdder beloved by so many.

For its tenth anniversary the update came in the form of the DeathAdder Elite. The mouse preserves the same comfortable and ergonomic design that we know, with a few improvements inside and out, most importantly endurance.

The Elite is around 5 inches long, 1.7 inches high, and 2.7 inches at its widest. Weighing in at 105 grams, it’s among the lightest mice of its size and is a good fit for a variety of hand sizes and grips. While it's billed as a gaming mouse, its simple, effective design makes it suitable for any type of user.

Read the complete review.

Overpriced mice if you ask me. I've always bought $10 gaming mice from china (on ebay) and most have been decent. I had somebody buy me a DeathAdder Razer mouse for Christmas one year. Within a year, the scroll wheel was randomly knocking me a notch up or down webpages when I wasn't touching it. Current favorite (cheap) mouse is this... http://www.ebay.com/sch/I.html?_fro...Xsowtech+3200.TRS1&_nkw=sowtech+3200&_sacat=0

It's not overpriced. the mouse you have has only 3200 dpi, which is VERY low with gaming mouses. The deathadder elite has 16000 dpi and the sensor is the top of the line. With better dpi you can for example look behind you really fast and the mouse would not be confused of where it should be. And I haven't had any problems with the mousewheel. But only complaint that I have is that the rubber on the side of the mouse will come off pretty easily and it should have better glue on it. otherwise, a really good gaming mouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not overpriced. the mouse you have has only 3200 dpi, which is VERY low with gaming mouses. The deathadder elite has 16000 dpi and the sensor is the top of the line. With better dpi you can for example look behind you really fast and the mouse would not be confused of where it should be. And I haven't had any problems with the mousewheel. But only complaint that I have is that the rubber on the side of the mouse will come off pretty easily and it should have better glue on it. otherwise, a really good gaming mouse.
DPI is highly overrated and has become more of a number used to sell more expensive mice. Unless your cursor jumps/skips, almost any DPI is fine if you simply utilize the Windows mouse sensitivity settings accordingly. Yes, the deathadder will have a better sensor which can help, but as I mentioned my super cheap mouse has been amazing for gaming. I cannot tell the difference and it's already outlived my deathadder.

I just got my one from China. First impression..I have to use force to operate left and right click, the middle button have to press kinda hard to operate. Gaming mouse, absolute rubbish! My previous mouse ; small and easy natural grip, and the 3 buttons operate when I drop my finger tips, no need to use muscle! FFS! This thing also widens where my fingertips are and I find it not easy to operate in general. You better not have small hands!! 15 British pound wasted, I am very disappointed cause I was reading so many good reviews. It looks very nice, and the 4G optical sencor seems great. Not worth buying this ****, is not gaming mouse!!

I just got my one from China. First impression..I have to use force to operate left and right click, the middle button have to press kinda hard to operate. Gaming mouse, absolute rubbish! My previous mouse ; small and easy natural grip, and the 3 buttons operate when I drop my finger tips, no need to use muscle! FFS! This thing also widens where my fingertips are and I find it not easy to operate in general. You better not have small hands!! 15 British pound wasted, I am very disappointed cause I was reading so many good reviews. It looks very nice, and the 4G optical sencor seems great. Not worth buying this ****, is not gaming mouse!!
You got a Chinese knock off but you feel hard done by? Right...

Ever thought about buying the real product?

Back