Razer unveils customisable, ambidextrous Ouroboros gaming mouse

Jos

Staff

Razer has introduced a new gaming mouse that’s fully customisable and even physically transformable to adjust to any hand size or grip style. The Razer Ouroboros is somewhat reminiscent of the Mad Catz Cyborg RAT 9, featuring an adjustable palm rest capable of moving up to .9 inches (20 mm), two interchangeable side panels and an adjustable back tilt angle to ensure palm support.

Unlike the RAT 9, however, the Ouroboros is designed to be ambidextrous and can operate wired or wirelessly, running up to 12 hours of continuous gaming on a single charge according to Razer. Its single AA battery charges while operating on wired mode and there’s also an included charging dock.

razer ouroboros

Razer’s latest gaming mouse offers 11 programmable buttons and up to 8200 DPI via combined laser and optical sensors. Additionally, a clutch trigger lets you temporarily reduce or increase the DPI as you game, so you can “go from high-sensitivity assault to more measured sniper” as needed.

You’ll be able to find Ouroboros starting in Q4 2012 with a suggested retail price of $129.99.

Razer also announced several updates to their mechanical keyboard lineup, including a BlackWidow Tournament Edition ($80) that ditches a few features for a slimmer profile, a BlackWidow Ultimate ($140) with individually backlit keys, and the base model BlackWidow 2013 ($100) with 50g actuation force, 10 key anti-ghosting, 5 dedicated macro keys, headphone/mic jacks and a USB port.

Permalink to story.

Ouroboros? How does one pronounce that exactly. Honestly the thing looks ridiculous, uncomfortable and expensive. I find $80 is expensive for a mouse let alone $130. After all these years I still find my old Diamondback to be my favorite mouse.

I believe it's pronounced "oo-ro-BORE-os" or "oo-ro-BORE-us" sometimes. Basically refers to the symbolic circular dragon or snake eating its own tail.

As for comfort, I'd have to try one out first. I never thought a R.A.T.7 would be comfortable either, but it's surprisingly easy to use.

so this razer's version of the rat 9

Looks like it. Kinda sketchy how they can come out with a mouse so similar though. Theres got to be lawsuit to be had here somewhere for mad catz.

Ouroboros? How does one pronounce that exactly. Honestly the thing looks ridiculous, uncomfortable and expensive. I find $80 is expensive for a mouse let alone $130. After all these years I still find my old Diamondback to be my favorite mouse.

Try one out. Even if you can't stomach the price I gaurantee you'll be able to customize it to fit your hand perfectly (if it's anything like the rat 9). If you buy it from best buy or something you can just return it the next day anyways.

I agree about the price though. I couldn't believe how over priced gaming mice are when I first got my rat 7. The good news is that mice are already advanced enough that you can buy a customizable one like this or a rat and it probably won't need to be upgraded until it stops working. It's not like they're going to add too many features to them for the average gamer.

That is some insane DPI. Maybe this will drive down the prices of death adders on ebay to 20$ and I can replace my broken down habu.

Back