Re: Ie7

Status
Not open for further replies.

montecarlo1987

Hello. I have an operating system concern. I "think" I may be infected. When I open IE7 (I have "Easy Homepage" enabled (part of IE7 Pro) that contains 9 quick dial links to your favorite websites.) and I click on the website for Huffingtonpost.com, I get a series of infinite small windows opening one a second, each overlapping one another on my screen without end. I have to restart/reboot my system to get out of it because I cannot beat the speed to delete the windows popping up speed. The windows are all the same information. Now, this issue runs haphazardly. Sometimes I get the continuous small windows popping up and other times I do not -- totally random. I do not know what is going on? I assume malware may be the problem. I have run system scans with Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, Counterspy v.3, and SUPERAntispyware Pro (paid), to find anything. Just tracking cookies is all they find. I assume whatever this is is a bug. I have run CCleaner and checked all the options of Windows Disk Cleanup as well. I am lost for options. I have over 100 programs install on Windows Vista Ultimate. It does not take long to add on programs. I think the issue is related to IE7. I have run HijackThis v.2.02 to try to get to the bottom. I have attached the log report for someone to hopefully help me and let me know what is going on. Please reply to let me know what is going on and if you see something in the log report, please let me know. Thanks!

Hey montecarlo1987

Try downloading Firefox ... http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ .... if it works properly then you know that the problem is related to IE7 specifically .... maybe it's corrupted etc. If it doesn't work, then you can try the 8-step malware/virus removal on here ....

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back